TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Sheriff Joe Under Fire
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sheriff Joe Under Fire - Page 4

post #91 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
No, it has to do with people insinuating that the missing persons were killed by Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
That IS weird. Who said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I think it is great that he is the World's toughest Sheriff, let people know, so they don't want to be in his jail. What is wrong with that?
There is nothing wrong with that one particular little snippet. What is wrong is all indicators point to him neglecting all the other aspects of law enforcement simply for the sake of blowing his own horn. 50,000 warrants is a lot. Those people are probably committing more crimes as we debate it because they don't see themselves ever getting caught, as the local law enforcement it far too busy with TV cameras, undocumented aliens and pink underwear.
post #92 of 104
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
Well, I could throw in some speculation. In addition to the murder rate, Missing Persons has increased over 200%. There is a whole lot of desert to hide the bodies of witnesses in that region.
You did. I guess the word "witnessess" was the first clue.
post #93 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
How do you know he isn't?

FTR, I think it is ridiculous to assume that any law enforcement agency anywhere has the necessary man power to serve the thousands of warrants that are issued. Good grief, that is true of anywhere in this country.
They go to their last known address and, wow, big surprise, they aren't there. What do you expect them to do then? Be realistic here, I realize it is much easier to just trash Arpaio for the same thing that happens all over America for the simple reason of, to many crimes, not enough law enforcement.
"Tough guys" can't serve warrants, because no one will talk to them. I was with the SO almost 10 years, and our warrant list never exceeded 200 outstanding warrants. They were always on the move, ducking out here and there. But others would talk to us. There's no honor among thieves, but there is defiance. If you treat them as at least being on a rung of the human ladder, they will tell you things. If not, then you're blind on the street. Simple fact of police work. But, having worked for a Sheriff, I know one total truth. Sheriff's aren't cops, they're politicians.
post #94 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Still a suburb of Phoenix so not unknown.
I've been to Buckeye many times, oddly enough. It has a Wal-Mart distribution center, as well as a couple of truck stops.

But when someone runs for sheriff, they're usually already well-known.

A sheriff has to do 2 things to get in office and stay there.

1) Be a good politician, since most sheriffs are elected.

2) Do a good job. If he doesn't, he'll be bounced out pretty quickly. Happens all the time.

Joe is an excellent politician, with a very loyal following. And most perceive that his results have been nothing short of spectacular. Not surprising is the fact that those who do not support law enforcement in general do not support sheriff Arpaio.
post #95 of 104
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
That IS weird. Who said that?



There is nothing wrong with that one particular little snippet. What is wrong is all indicators point to him neglecting all the other aspects of law enforcement simply for the sake of blowing his own horn. 50,000 warrants is a lot. Those people are probably committing more crimes as we debate it because they don't see themselves ever getting caught, as the local law enforcement it far too busy with TV cameras, undocumented aliens and pink underwear.
I don't think there are ANY indicators of any such thing. I think he is doing a great job and the fact that his recidivism rate is so low is proof positive of that. That says it all to me.

He has been re-elected Five times with a healthy majority even though people are trying to trash him for being to hard on the poor criminals.
His approval ratings are VERY healthy in the 60-85 percentile, that is darn good.
post #96 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I finally got his last election stats.
http://www.azcentral.com/elections/

730,426 - Votes for Sheriff Joe Arpaio
558,176 - Votes for Saban
35,425 - Votes for Will
55% of the vote, which is about his usual margin.
post #97 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I don't think there are ANY indicators of any such thing. I think he is doing a great job and the fact that his recidivism rate is so low is proof positive of that. That says it all to me.

He has been re-elected Five times with a healthy majority even though people are trying to trash him for being to hard on the poor criminals.
His approval ratings are VERY healthy in the 60-85 percentile, that is darn good.
AND he is putting some of his inmates to work in the no-kill animal shelter. This gives these people a vocation, and saves the county money at the same time. AND I also believe that this work may help rehabilitate some of the abuse offenders. There is documentation to prove that.
post #98 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I don't think there are ANY indicators of any such thing. I think he is doing a great job and the fact that his recidivism rate is so low is proof positive of that. That says it all to me.

He has been re-elected Five times with a healthy majority even though people are trying to trash him for being to hard on the poor criminals.
His approval ratings are VERY healthy in the 60-85 percentile, that is darn good.
I'm quite sure that people in China give their government darn good marks for human rights observations, too. Yet look at what the rest of the world thinks. eta: Even better example. Hamas also had the majority of the vote and a high approval rating. Yet you seem to think that's a terrible thing.

In other words; majorities are not always what they seem.
post #99 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
You did. I guess the word "witnessess" was the first clue.
Witnesses to crimes committed by ex-inmates? Are you saying that the Sheriff keeps his "return visitors" numbers down by killing their witnesses for them?

That's just odd But, I can see how it would work.
post #100 of 104
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
Witnesses to crimes committed by ex-inmates? Are you saying that the Sheriff keeps his "return visitors" numbers down by killing their witnesses for them?

That's just odd But, I can see how it would work.
LOL, that is what you insinuated, IMO, Skippy, at least that is how I took it, it is all in the perception I guess. Seeing as how you were talking about all of Sheriff's Joe's perceived abuses, when you made that point about all the missing persons I assumed you thought he had them killed.

I guess that was silly of me and you really meant something else entirely.
post #101 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
LOL, that is what you insinuated, IMO, Skippy, at least that is how I took it, it is all in the perception I guess. Seeing as how you were talking about all of Sheriff's Joe's perceived abuses, when you made that point about all the missing persons I assumed you thought he had them killed.

I guess that was silly of me and you really meant something else entirely.
Actually, I think it's just as much my fault I was replying to someone else, and I think somewhere in there we crossed up conversations.
post #102 of 104
Thread Starter 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, I just have to post this

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/06/charle...-time-reduced/

Charles Barkley is going to TENT CITY
post #103 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, I just have to post this

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/06/charle...-time-reduced/

Charles Barkley is going to TENT CITY
Barkley has certainly gone downhill since the Dream Team days in Barcelona, hasn't he
post #104 of 104
Thread Starter 
He has. To top it all off, he was going to run for public office,
I think Governor (I could be wrong about Gov). I think he can forget about that.

I heard the story of why he was busted, nasty.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Sheriff Joe Under Fire