Belle's best friend is dying...

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Belle is particularly taken to one of her fur mice. She has several that are exactly the same brand, design, etc than this one, but her blue one is by far her favourite. She's never really been all that picky about her toys before, but for the last couple weeks, this blue mouse has been the only mouse she'll play fetch with. If you throw another mouse, she'll just sniff it and walk away.

Well, blue mouse has been dropped in the water fountain a few too many times. In the past, their heads have popped off, but this one is fighting for his life. All his insides have come out and he's basically just a hollow hide. He really should be thrown away, but I know Belle would be looking everywhere for him. I may try to put a couple of stiches in him to see if he can hang on for another week or two....maybe Belle will be over her little crush by then and have moved on to some other poor, unsuspecting mouse (inevitably, they go for a swim, which usually results in eventual decapitation).

It's funny how they choose the toy in the worst possible condition to love the most. Delilah's favourite toy is a little blue foam ball that used to have tinsel pieces sticking out from it. We have a pink one that still has the tinsel on it, but she's not interested in it.

Silly kitties....I should just destroy new toys before I give them to them...they'll probably be more interested.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It is indeed a mystery why one toy of all the thousands we buy them becomes the one. With my crew, they just disappear, never to be seen again.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You always hurt the one you love, eh Belle? Hennessy does that to except his 'loves' tend to get shredded/eaten (they are feathers. Anything with feathers.)

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My OTB Max had his little yellow ball. One of those dimpled foam rubber ones that looked like a golf ball. We knew he was in love with Little Mom when he would carry his ball up to her and place it at her feet. He protected that ball for about 5 years. When Max crossed, the ball was about the size of a pea. They are at rest with each other.

tat_and_demi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't understand cats.

Once i brought two plastic sticks with feathers on them. One had purple feathers the other had yellow!

And demi only played with the purple one! Now it lost a few feathers... IAre cats color blind or not?

demi STILL dosent play with the yellow one.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

It is indeed a mystery why one toy of all the thousands we buy them becomes the one. With my crew, they just disappear, never to be seen again.
Most of ours don't care too much about toys (especially actual "cat toys" as opposed to old socks etc), but Talin adores cat toys. Like Belle, he has a special mouse (which his idiot humans have now dubbed "mousie")... and, like yours, mousie tends to disappear. But then, every so often, Talin finds mousie again (hard to know how hard this is, as of course Talin is also the one hiding it for months on end...)

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tat_and_demi

I don't understand cats.

Once i brought two plastic sticks with feathers on them. One had purple feathers the other had yellow!

And demi only played with the purple one! Now it lost a few feathers... IAre cats color blind or not?

demi STILL dosent play with the yellow one.
I think the current scientific theory is that cats can see colours, but not all cats actually care about them, and thus don't distinguish based on them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

I think the current scientific theory is that cats can see colours, but not all cats actually care about them, and thus don't distinguish based on them.
Sounds just like a cat! "I choose not to see you, therfore, you do not exist."

Blue mouse is still hanging around. He's hiding somewhere at the moment, but I'm sure Belle will track him down later.