Ally is injured! Need prayers!

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This morning, while I was asleep, my family came into my room and took the cat out without my knowing.

They then left her unsupervised and she managed to get up onto the upper rail on the second story of the house and fall all the way down onto marble. This is the second fall she's had, and this time it was a good 10 feet higher than before.

I woke up apparently right as it happened.

She defecated on herself almost immediately, and was in pain. I quickly gave her a bath to avoid any infection from feces getting in her eyes, nose, or mouth and took her to the emergency animal hospital.

The vet verified that she is indeed injured as I suspected. The extent of her injuries is unknown right now, but she was in and out of consciousness in the waiting room and in clear pain.

They are giving her pain meds and taking complete x-rays. She will also likely need to go to a veterinary neurologist on Monday. I needed to leave her there while they do a complete work-up and take all the x-rays and will pick her up in about an hour and a half.

Please. I need as many prayers for Ally as I can get. I am unbelievably upset right now and scared for her.

Please pray for her.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, this doesn't sound good at all! I hope she is able to be stabilized so a full assessment can be made.

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG I am so sorry this has happened again....pls keep us updated.....I don't know what else to say at the moment...this is just so sad

mero

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Make sure you give Ally plenty of love and talk to her! Give her plenty of reasons to live. Her will to live should increase. Hope she does well.

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry this has happened again. so that she gets better quickly! Make sure you let your family know that she is just a little one, and needs supervision. It's just like having a toddler - no one in their right mind would let a toddler roam around near a 20 foot drop!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Make sure you let your family know that she is just a little one, and needs supervision.
They had already been told. Unfortunately, they seem to have short memories and I'm not happy about it.

I'm angry that they took her out of my room without any intention apparently of keeping an eye on her.

If she makes it through this, I will be installing a lock on the door that only I have the key to.

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon. I'll be praying for her.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm really concerned about the safety of this kitten in your home. Perhaps you should reconsider having a cat until you are living on your own. Your family seems to have no care at all for this little one and Ally has already suffered injuries very recently. This last one could well be terminal which would be a travesty.

You've previously mentioned getting another kitten - I would strongly advise you not to at this point.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor kitty! She seems to be using up her lives way too quickly...

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I were you, I'd move into a different house that doesn't have 20 foot drops for Ally to fall off of.
I wonder why she keeps doing it? I hope she gets well soon.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I am so sorry
I hope Ally makes it
I know you aren't happy at your family, but most people have stairs in their homes with railings, it was a good idea to try to prevent this by keeping her in your room but even if no one took her out, it's possible that she could have escaped...Just keep in mind that it isn't something intentional that was done to her, it's an accident and can happen to anyone
Sending LOTS of vibes and prayers

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg i'm worried about Ally, he said he is picking her up at in an hour and a half and he still hasnt' posted. I hope the reason is not because the news is bad ..MORE VIBES GOING FOR ALLY I HOPE THEY HELP