For those of you who live alone...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you drink straight out of the milk/juice cartons/bottles?

I tooooooooooooooootally do
Josh doesn't even mind

I know I'm gross...I promise to stop someday.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Josh doesn't even mind

Not usually, but sometimes yes... Who cares? My kitties? I think not!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live with my fiance but we both do it. He drinks his apple juice straight out of the bottle, cause he's the only one who drinks it. When we filled our water jugs up at his parents house, I would drink out of it straight from the bottle when we were at home. I didn't see the point of dirtying a glass, when I just wanted a sip.

I know it's gross and we should stop, but I don't really care. We both haven't gotten sick in who knows how long, and it hasn't hurt us yet, so why stop.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
no.... but only because i don't drink milk or juice. i prefer my water/tea iced so i drink it from a glass w/a straw. if it's bottled water, i pour it into the glass because i like it w/ice.
but that's the only reason - i have been known to squirt whipped cream straight from the can into my mouth, tho - that's kinda the same thing, isn't it?

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only do it if there is just a little drink left in the bottle/ carton for me to finish it then ...I wouldn't drink out of a bottle once and then use that same bottle again, I think it's too gross..

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No never! Backwash has bacteria in it that grows even in the refrigerator...especially in milk, or anything with sugar to "feed" them.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

No never! Backwash has bacteria in it that grows even in the refrigerator...especially in milk, or anything with sugar to "feed" them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Bacteria Schmacteria

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nah, I drink mostly hot tea (and drink it even when it gets cold) or water. My brother always did and use to get yelled at by my mom. He's over 50 and married now and still does

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Josh doesn't even mind

You limit this to those that live alone? DH and I joke that there aren't any germs in either of us that we don't share with a kiss. And if we're worried, we'll do a shot of tequila. Tequila kills all germs (it's true).

Use a glass? Waste energy cleaning it.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's gross! I don't have any fears of sharing cooties with hubby, but we just don't do that because I think it's really bad manners. We never did it growing up so it never became an issue. But that's just me.

I'll bet some of you who say you go out and buy fresh if you are expecting company are not being completely honest either.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I never do, I think it's gross.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't drink beverages but I have never felt the need to drink out of a carton or a bottle. The only bottle I drink out of is my camelback bottle. That is good enough.