I died homeless & alone

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This girl was denied medical care, as it was assumed she was simply over-grooming. For 10 months she sat with her owners - and after 3 weeks at the shelter - she was euthanized today, February 27, 2008 at 10 years of age.

Her "overgrooming" was a skin condition - if she had been treated early on - the itching, pain, scratching....all could've been prevented. It had progressed far enough, that it would've taken months worth of meds & gotten severe enough it may never heal - and would be a lifelong condition.

Instead she died, alone, after spending several weeks in a kitty cell. Yet her life was probably better in that "kitty cell" as she had medical care.

Arrival pics

2 weeks later

Play happily at the Rainbow Bridge
Your passing will not be forgotten - and I loved you more than you know

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my God, this is too sad.... Poor baby... How could they think this was overgrooming?
Why, why did I open this page...

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
^I am also sorry i opened this thread, as i usually am when i come into this section. Why did this poor girl die alone? I guess her owners neglected her? This was not over grooming, and I cant see how anyone could think that.

R.i.P. Beautiful girl! Play happily over the Bridge. At least there was one person in this world who loved you

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now I just feel sick to my stomach. We live in such a disposable society. I detest people who view animals as something to be thrown away. I loathe people who do not take care of there animals properly.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

Now I just feel sick to my stomach. We live in such a disposable society. I detest people who view animals as something to be thrown away. I loathe people who do not take care of there animals properly.
I guess people like us will never understand people like that.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KiTTYL0VE4

I guess people like us will never understand people like that.
I don't know how anyone can understand people like that at all... I don't even try it... I flat don't like them... Actually, I despise them.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Natalie we know you did all you could to help this baby girl. It was not fair. She never deserved this, as small, as it is, she did know some sense of love and care the last few weeks of her life. She is at peace now.

Hugs to you. Many have crossed your path to be helped, some over the bridge, some to to new families, but either way, you have shown so much love, compassion and dedication to these poor helpless animals, day after day after day. You deserve so much for your endless effort

Rest Peacefully little Angel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Her death didn't go unnoticed - someone, many people, gave a rip that she died. And at least we loved her, not sure the same can be said for the "owners".

Something as silly as a $25 vet visit could've saved her life 10 months ago. Never forego medical care for your cats - no matter how simple or trivial it seems.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sad!How could someone not take her in at the very first scab or sore??? poor baby!R.I.P
atleast she is no longer itching and in pain!

katmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so sad... i do not understand how anyone cat lover or not could let something get so bad.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That has to be one of the saddest things I have seen lately. That poor baby. It would have been so simple to give her a good life. Bless you for making her last days on earth better.
RIP sweet baby.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't go here very much. It makes me so sad. Poor, poor, poor Peaches. Run and play and be free of pain over the bridge, sweet girl.