hello from texas

katmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello all! i 've posted a few times but never introduced myself. i live in north texas and am currently trying to get a cat..

i have always been a cat person and have had them throughout my life, and i rememeber them all! it just seems that everyone i am close to is allergic! i'm in my late 20s, and am about to have a new baby in the home. many people think i am crazy for wanting to get a cat and have new baby, but i dont think so, we have a mini schnauzer and we arent getting rid of him. i'm hoping it works out.

anyways just wanted to take a few and say hello and tell you all a little about myself

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
another north texan, here!
i thought i had the cat for you until i read about your new baby. his current owner is attempting to rehome him because he's having issues w/her new baby, so that's out. but just in case you're interested, here's the thread: posting for a friend
btw - we're planning a north texas meet-up this summer - pm mrblanche for details, or see this thread: dallas area TCS get-together?
welcome to TCS!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi katmama,

Welcome to our community of caring people who love cats. As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, click on my username, send a Private Message, I will do what I can to help. Please make yourself at home.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see someone else told you that there are a number of us here in north Texas.

I have access to kitties if you need them! The shelter I volunteer at always has some great ones. What are you looking for?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I see someone else told you that there are a number of us here in north Texas.

I have access to kitties if you need them! The shelter I volunteer at always has some great ones. What are you looking for?
i see that there are several north texans here! thats great that you volunteer at a shelter,maybe you can help find us a a kitty. my husband is mildly allergic, so we were going to try a siberian.

although the cat that i really want is in mckinney at the spca he is the oldest, fattest cat ever and i love her! but she gives my husband the itchy eye. any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

pendraig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My husband has allergies to cats and is fine with my cattery full of Siberian cats. As soon as I take him to a cat show though he starts sneezing and his eyes get itchy!!

Here's a photo of my new boy, Favst. Just got his photos done at the last cat show we went to...

If you would like to visit us at a cat show we'd love to meet you! I am considering attending one in Waco in July. There is also one in Fort Worth in August.

Take care! =)

Regards,

Dawn Campbell
Pendraig Siberian Cats