Yuki's first Vet trip.

kerplunq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I have booked an appt with the vet for tuesday for her to get spayed and have her shots. Along with a good check up.

Now I'm wondering what kind of care I should be giving her when she gets home. I've never owned an animal that was fixed growning up. I'm all for getting my animals fixed, unfortunately my rent's weren't. With Yuki being mine I truely want the best for her. So I want to give her, her first trip back from the vets a pleasent one for her.

Any tips or tricks on what I can do to make her extra happy and comfortable?

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep her quit when she gets home.
My Sasha was lap spayed on Feb 16th and I had to lock her in a carrier at night because she wanted to play and jump.
Meeko jumped off thetable in the vets office before we even left.
Your cat shouldcome back with pain meds for 2 or 3 days.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Keep her quit when she gets home.
My Sasha was lap spayed on Feb 16th and I had to lock her in a carrier at night because she wanted to play and jump.
Meeko jumped off thetable in the vets office before we even left.
Your cat shouldcome back with pain meds for 2 or 3 days.
I had to lock my girls up over night too! they were ready to play when we got home!lol

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It will depend entirely on your cat. Mika was fine - no e-collar, no pain meds and she's a tiny little thing.

I personally am not in favour of pain meds for 2-3 days. I do think pain meds are good for immediately after the operation, but if they feel some discomfort they will be less inclined to overdo the jumping and playing which could pull out the stitches. But then, I don't like human meds much either. I've had numerous major operations and do not take pain meds after the first day after surgery. I don't like to "mask" the pain because it makes it too easy to overdo things which will hurt me more in the long term.

Your vet should be able to give you the best post-surgery advice so I would go with what they recommend.