Kidney Transplant?

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any clue about how much money a kidney transplant would cost for a cat?

kmpage28

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
and you are typically required to adopt the donor cat permanently as well.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's another great link that explains not only the financial aspects of kidney transplants, but also the ongoing medical, and emotional aspects.

http://www.felinecrf.com/transf.htm

I briefly considered transplantation for Cleo, when she was first diagnosed (at 6 months old), but decided that the medical and emotional aspects, as well as the travel invoved from Michigan, to a highly rated/highly trained transplant facility was more than I could afford, and more than I wanted to put her through. I've been so very lucky with Cleo. Her treatments have allowed her to live a very high quality life with her CRF. She will be 9 years old in May. I truly believe that my research and having a vet that will help me treat the renal failure as proactively as I possibly can (and being totally on board with my mission!) has helped Cleo positively thrive, even with CRF.

I will keep you and your kitty in my prayers... The very best thing you can do is to educate yourself, and find a caring and compassionate vet, who is willing to work with you all the way. Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Is Lita getting worse?
Lita is doing pretty good now.......just looking at my options down the road.