Im in need of some advice in breeding my balinese

beeda02

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just recently my wife decide she wanted to start breeding siamese and balinese cats, and Im trying to help her in this as much as i can. We have 2 1yr old balinese(blue point) females, which i drove 12hrs to obtain due to the fact that no one in my area has paper. I also have a lilac point male siamese (1yr old) and a chocolate point female siamese(she is a kitten). I have a guest stub here also hes a 1yr old chocolate point siamese.
Here is my problem: Im not sure of the best way of going about the whole mating thing. Ive asked the lady Im studding with and she told me to put all 3 in a room and let them go at it..... I did that and the male is cowarding and hiding ( the room is 15x6 with a cat bed,cat cube,literbox and food) I know hes scared and I hate seeing this. If he approaches them they hiss. Its only day two and I was wondering if this is the right approach or not. Ive tried the same with my lilac and its the same thing. If you have any advice please reply here or PM me

thank you

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess there's no really polite way to put this - but I doubt you will get much in the way of help here. You don't just "jump" into breeding. First get a show alter, show the cat of the breed you wish to breed, get familiar with what makes a "good" show cat, the standards of the breed, etc.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2. Please make sure to spay and neuter your cat. Unless you are a professional breeder and your cat is part of a professional breeding program, please educate yourself to the importance of spaying and neutering by the time your cat is 4-6 months old. By spaying and neutering you enhance your cat's quality of life and improve his or her health. You are also proving your love for cats because in acting as a responsible pet owner you are minimizing the problem of cat overpopulation.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Assuming you purchased your cats with breeding rights, and are using a registered stud...

The breeders I know never put 3 cats in together. Matings need to be closely watched, especially as you may need to rescue the girl.

A breeder I know puts the girl in a run next to the boys enclosure for a few days so they can see each other before letting them be in the same pen.

Are your girls calling? if not they won't want him near at all. Usually the girls go off to the studs house, not the other way round.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are these all show quality cats? If not, they should be spayed and neutered. You don't just put a male and more then one female in one room and let them loose.

I suggest you first show your cats and get at least a championship on them and have them evaluated for breeding. You only put one male and one female together. And the male should not be breeding more then one female at a time - he can pass infections from one to the other.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beeda02

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Assuming you purchased your cats with breeding rights, and are using a registered stud...

The breeders I know never put 3 cats in together. Matings need to be closely watched, especially as you may need to rescue the girl.

A breeder I know puts the girl in a run next to the boys enclosure for a few days so they can see each other before letting them be in the same pen.

Are your girls calling? if not they won't want him near at all. Usually the girls go off to the studs house, not the other way round.
I did purchase the girls with breeding rights and the one male im studding with is registered as for my lilac point he is not thats why im not using him. See putting the 3 together is what i was uneasy about because it just didnt sound right. And as for the pen im using i have a color/night vision camera with a portable monitor so i can see and hear everything. Im also aware of the fact that the female usually goes to the male house like i said i was a little sketchy of the male coming to my home

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are all three girls in heat? Don't even put them NEAR the boys until they are in heat. They might scare him off for when they are actually ready for him.

I am usually with my cats as they breed. Sometimes I need to rescue the girl, but sometimes I need to rescue the boy as well.

Three litters at the same time is a lot of work. It's really like another full time job, and the slinkies are known for having larger litters. What will you do if you wind up with 20+ kittens? If you're just starting, you should only have one litter and hold off on breeding the other girls.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if you have breeding rights, you still should SHOW them and get a championship on them - not just breed them.