Anyone use this cattery? Thinking about it...

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, I have been in contact with Beeso Cattery located in Ontario, Canada and am thinking of purchasing my stud from them. I just wanted to know if anyone had any personal experience they could share with me.

Is it normal for breeders to send in the registration of the kitten with our chosen name for him? I thought we did that....

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will see what I can find on the net at lunchtime. Jack's breeder went ahead and sent in the registration at the show (when he finalled). Most times I've sent in the paperwork. She just wanted to save a little time - I'll get the registration paper from her this week.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I googled them annnd there is one negative feedback:

Milo we got from Beeso cattery which after looking into it more I don't think the guy is a very good breeder. He seemes to always have kittens, he has sisters or something who also breeds and shows so I don't know if he just holds them at his house for her or what. We decided to get Milo after I was scammed into taking a Sphynx with a grd 3 heart murrmor in the summer
http://www.chinesecrestedcrush.com/p...st-187016.html (6th post)

There is another, that shows up when I google Beeso Cattery (it is the 5th from last) but I can not find the particular comment about them for some reason.

But everyohe does have their own opinions ya know? What you might like, I may not.

Good luck though!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

Is it normal for breeders to send in the registration of the kitten with our chosen name for him? I thought we did that....
Not sure what that question means, in the UK it is normal for the breeder to choose the name and no-one but the breeder can send in the registration for the kitten, it has to be done by the breeder. The new home gets a registration transfer slip (known as "the pink slip" for GCCF registered kittens) to send off to transfer ownership, but the breeder always does the initial registration. Registered cats HAVE to be registered before sale for most cat registries, which of course means that the breeder deals with that.

In my case I was allowed to choose the kittens registered name (which is unusual here) I put a deposit down on a kitten then had a week to choose a name and let the breeder know, so the breeder could register the kitten with the name I chose. Most times here you don't get to choose the registered name so that is an unusual situation, but the breeder has to be the person registering them, as only they can provide the full pedigrees and (in the case of GCCF) mating certificate.

Which registry is it - contact them and ask what is normal.