Long weekend in NYC

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got back last night from a long weekend in NYC! I went with a friend who has never been to New York and we had a really good time. This is the first time in more than two years that I have been gone from home for more than a couple of nights - I look after my elderly mom and I am at the mercy of my sister to stay with Mom so I can go away.

My brother's company has this little studio apt right in Manhattan and he let us stay there - it was great! Really close to the subways. We took a tour, saw all the sights - walked around ALOT - strolled (part of ) Central Park, shopped in Bloomingdales, saw a Broadway show (Guys and Dolls), ate NYC style Pizza at John's. My friend is a Kate Spade handbag freak so we went to one of the NY stores on 5th Ave and she bought a bag!

Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Center) at dusk - sooooo pretty!!!!

I've been to NY many times -- she and I had talked about this quite often... and we finally did it. She loved it - she already has a list of things to do the NEXT time!

My boyfriend sulked a little bit, but hey, he had just spent a week in Utah cross country skiing w/o ME, so......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Sounds amazing!!! Where are the pics though?
My friend took most all of the pics. So they are not in my possession.

poppy0109

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad you & your friend had so much fun!

I'm jealous though! I've been there twice and completely fell in love.
I can't wait until I can go back again. I have a list too...but it got bigger the second time. I'm sure the third time I'll go it will get even bigger. There's just so much to do and see there.

Have you been to Soho? We walked circles around those stores. I especially loved Pearl River.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

My boyfriend sulked a little bit, but hey, he had just spent a week in Utah cross country skiing w/o ME, so......
Good for you! Everyone needs to get away for a bit now and then!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Poppy0109

Glad you & your friend had so much fun!

I'm jealous though! I've been there twice and completely fell in love.
I can't wait until I can go back again. I have a list too...but it got bigger the second time. I'm sure the third time I'll go it will get even bigger. There's just so much to do and see there.

Have you been to Soho? We walked circles around those stores. I especially loved Pearl River.
We didn't really make it to Soho this trip... passed through on the tour bus. Yes - it is easy to fall in love with NYC. And there is soooo much to do and see. I also have a list to see and do that doesn't seem to get any smaller!

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Good for you! Everyone needs to get away for a bit now and then!
Yes! Absence makes the heart grow fonder - or something like that... besides, he never would have wanted to do something like wander around Bloomies!!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ohh I am glad you had a great time it sounded like a really fun trip!! I love NYC.
so much to do. I just hate driving down there!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sounds like an awesome trip! Glad you had a great time.
Everyone needs to go to NYC at least once in their lifetime.

I'm fortunate enough to live only 200 miles from there...and go a minimum of once a year for a weekend with my best friend of 20 years. Sometimes I'm just burned out from life and take the train up for an overnighter. My perspective is much improved.

Cool on the "free" apt! Sweet!