Does anyone else have a special room thats just for cats?

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a huge room in my house that is just for my cats it has a couch a table many many scratching posts a few cat houses, a treasure chest full of like 1000s of toys lol my friends think i am crazy

they even have their own fish tank!

they usually always wanna be in that room they go around the rest of the house a lot but they always beg to go right back lol

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is soooo cute! You should take pictures and show us! I live in a small apartment, but Maia definitely has her own perches and ramps...........

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to also...yearrrrs ago. Maggie now rules my home, she goes where she pleases and I'm OK with that

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol....yeah the bedroom! most of the time me and BF always end up falling asleep on our couch, its a really comfy sectional, he has this hang up of not being able to fall asleep with out a TV. So really the only nite i sleep in the bed is when he is keeping me awake, and the the whole house has toys all over. we spoil them rotten. we have an extra bedroom but its all cluttered, once we get it clean we plan on redoing it for our furbabies.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. At least two cats will always hang out in whatever room we're in. When they're not near us, they're in the bedroom passed out on the bed.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes , they have a cat room( does not keep them from claiming all of the house
) ... one day two cat rooms and a new outdoor playground this spring...

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We live in a 1 bedroom apartment, so we don't have a room just for cats. We do have plenty of cat things- a tree, a window perch, a tent, a box, a toy that has a dangly pompom and some feathers, a water fountain, a cat bed, a scratching post, a toy box...
but we don't have living room furniture for ourselves!

I would love to have a cat room!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

I use to also...yearrrrs ago. Maggie now rules my home, she goes where she pleases and I'm OK with that
I forgot to add....Maggie does have a gianormous toybox in my bedroom. More toys than PetSmart has

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a spare bedroom where DH just uses the closet. That is the only cat specific room, but they pretty much have the run of the place and use whatever room they please.

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I live alone, but got a two-bedroom apartment so the cats could have their own room. I'm not fond of closet doors (I like them open so there's more places for the kitties to jump and play on the shelves, but the doors take up a lot of room when they're open), so I took all of the doors off, covered them in carpet, and along with some plastic shelving units to create elevation, created a fun little ramp system in their room for them to play on.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do as well. When my oldest son joined the Navy, his younger brother took over his room and I turned that room into a cat room.
It even has a TV. 4 cat trees, a cat door leading from the window into the outdoor enclosure and I'm working on wall runners from cat tree to cat tree.

Here's Takoda and Magnum watching TV.

I also have a feeding station in here as well. Here's Pooh and Takoda hoping for an early lunch. Sorry it's so dark.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
UH - that would be every room in the house. Although in spite of the set-ups in other rooms (cat trees, toys, etc), they all love the bathroom. One's in the sick, another's in the tub, two are hogging the heater. The fifth one is at the door to the office, having a paw fight with Teresa, who lives on the other side. (She's the kitty who wants to be alone.) Should have named her Greta.

melmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im moving into a two bedroom in April, I should so do that lol. I have this cat house thing thats on three legs that looks like a dog house, and its covered in carpet, they love it. It would be perfect in it's own room, plus I have an extra bed and all their toys and their toy box, food dishes etc. Hmm...good idea

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hehehe my room is the cat room! Pooh Bear is always on my bed!! And when JuneBug is in,she is usually in my room! My grandma has two bedrooms for the cats. Its really funny cause one room was the girls room (my mom and aunts old room) and that is where molly sleeps. And the boys room is where Max likes to sleep.
My Junebug and Bear takeover my bed, i swear they are hogs!! I have a full size bed but it feels more like a half of a twin sized bed!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

I have a huge room in my house that is just for my cats it has a couch a table many many scratching posts a few cat houses, a treasure chest full of like 1000s of toys lol my friends think i am crazy

they even have their own fish tank!

they usually always wanna be in that room they go around the rest of the house a lot but they always beg to go right back lol
When I define my house it goes like this:

3rd floor: Master bedroom and guest room
2nd floor: Living room, kitchen and den
1st floor: My office and the cats' room

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the whole darn two-bedroom condo...they tend to follow me around when I'm home. I do have a large cat tree in the living room, a smaller one in the dining room (both along the patio doors), and the second bedroom has two litter pans for them, as well as a loveseat they snooze on. Toys everywhere! They tend to sleep with me at night, though, ignoring the lovely cat beds I got them.