What do you think? Opinions please!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I've had two sick cats (really sick, liver issues) and I've got another fellow who's got some sort of UTI thing going on and I was at my vets yesterday and he mentioned a few of the photos I donated a while back. Asked me if I noticed they were up, said they've been getting compliments on them, and that he should have kept them for himself. Over the past few months (about 3 months now) we've developed a friendly relationship (and I have a huge crush on him) we ask about eachothers pets etc so I think it would be a nice gesture to bring in another photo since he's mentioned the others a few times. The one I want to bring in is a butterfly

Now the thing is, it's an insect and Im not sure if that would be great in a vets office. It seems like a dog/cat/horse etc would be better suited to a veterinarian office. What do you guys think, would it be weird or would it be nice?

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really sorry to hear about your cats ..some and
for all of them!
That is a truly stunning picture! I love butterflies and sometimes use them for my desktop wallpaper. Somehow they're very relaxing to look at. I don't see anything wrong with butterflies in a vet office. It doesn't have to be all animals all the time. Something relaxing/soothing I think is great! But that's my opinion.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that photo is beautiful! And very calming, I think it would be great in a vets office! It also doesn't seem weird at all, because it can almost be a 'thank you'

PS how is Arthur and his FLS going?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arthur (and Chester) are doing fantastic! They're both up to about 16 pounds and they've been mostly eating on their own for about a week and a half now! WOO! Arthur's first tube went in Dec. 1st (and he was sick for a month before that) so it sure took a long time but it looks like theyre making a full recovery! I was thinking the photo could be an like a thank you too, the others I donated were because the vet's moved into a new building and their walls were completely bare. But my vet has been so great throughout the entire process with Arthur that I really would like to show my appreciation and sincerity in saying thank you.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Such a beautiful photo would make a great thank you. As others have said, it's also very calming. I, too, think it would be suitable for a vets office.

for your sick kitties.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's a beautiful photo, and sure, it's not a dog or cat, but it's still "Nature" - I think it would be fine for a vet's office.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a beautiful picture! I'm sure it would look wonderful in the vets office, even if it isnt a dog/cat/etc.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Ok, so I've had two sick cats (really sick, liver issues) and I've got another fellow who's got some sort of UTI thing going on and I was at my vets yesterday and he mentioned a few of the photos I donated a while back. Asked me if I noticed they were up, said they've been getting compliments on them, and that he should have kept them for himself. Over the past few months (about 3 months now) we've developed a friendly relationship (and I have a huge crush on him) we ask about eachothers pets etc so I think it would be a nice gesture to bring in another photo since he's mentioned the others a few times. The one I want to bring in is a butterfly

Now the thing is, it's an insect and Im not sure if that would be great in a vets office. It seems like a dog/cat/horse etc would be better suited to a veterinarian office. What do you guys think, would it be weird or would it be nice?
Why not give it to him so he can keep it for himself. It seems he regrets putting the other up in the office and would like to have a more personal one. Why not use this as a way to say thank you and perhaps drop a hint?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the compliments everyone
I'm going to bring a copy in Friday I think

Originally Posted by twstychik

Why not give it to him so he can keep it for himself. It seems he regrets putting the other up in the office and would like to have a more personal one. Why not use this as a way to say thank you and perhaps drop a hint?
I can't drop a hint, he's not single
Just my luck. I've been thinking about telling him that he can keep it if he likes it (or writing a note since I'll probably just leave it at the front desk), but I always get nervous about giving people art because it's so subjective, he might not like it!

Edit: Ok, so I'll bring it in but I had to reorder the print so it'll be a while. It fell off of where I had set it (spent 20 minutes looking for it) and it ended up on the floor having been stepped on, which messed up the print. Sigh. I wonder if that's a bad sign.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Thanks for the compliments everyone
I'm going to bring a copy in Friday I think

I can't drop a hint, he's not single
Just my luck. I've been thinking about telling him that he can keep it if he likes it (or writing a note since I'll probably just leave it at the front desk), but I always get nervous about giving people art because it's so subjective, he might not like it!

Edit: Ok, so I'll bring it in but I had to reorder the print so it'll be a while. It fell off of where I had set it (spent 20 minutes looking for it) and it ended up on the floor having been stepped on, which messed up the print. Sigh. I wonder if that's a bad sign.
Wasn't sure if he was available or not. I'd leave the choice up to him though... just let him know that it's his print to do with what he wants. A "bad sign"? I think it's more a sign of having multiple cats! LOL