How often do your cats do the tail quiver?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
n.,m'/\\
/ vc

That was Squee

Anyway, how often do your cats do the 'tail quiver'? The other night Scratch did it twice within two minutes and Squee did it about ten minutes ago. I think it's cute!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Cable's the only one of mine who does it on a semi-regular basis... usually when i'm visiting the 'necessary' - she'll come in & do it when i talk to her.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every day...Stan does it while he's waiting for his food
We call it his "happy tail" and yes sometimes we sing "Happy tails to you until we eat again"...

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've ever seen Levi or Jordan do it, Isaac does it once in a while. Maggie, well she does it all the time! Every time I'm anywhere near her she talks to me, pads her back feet & shakes her tush & tail. I've gotten used to it, but I used to be so afraid she was going to spray.

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hate when I see a tail quiver cause it usually means spray will come. lol. But I do have a couple cats who do it just because they are being affectionate.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101

I hate when I see a tail quiver cause it usually means spray will come. lol. But I do have a couple cats who do it just because they are being affectionate.
I worried about that too for a while, but it seems like he's just happy

Bella will do it from time to time as well, but Stan does it every time I feed him.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Bella will do it from time to time as well, but Stan does it every time I feed him.
Maggie has never sprayed, so I think she just likes to tell me she loves me? Don't know, but she does it all the time.

melmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My mom's cat Katie does it all the time. My mom is positive that it means she is going to spray and no matter how much I tell her she is NOT spraying, it doesnt matter. She smacks Katie on the bum every time she does it.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cammy does it pretty much every time I go outside. And she only has like, 1/4 of a tail, so it's really cute!!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My cats don't spray but I know what your talking about because when I see my male cats doing that I think "oh dear their gonna start spraying"!!!!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read somewhere that a tail quiver is a cat greeting it's favorite person. Hmm, I've never in almost 2 years seen Maggie do this?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trouts does when she gets hyper and "psycho"...usually right before she starts running around the house like a banshee and yeowling. She does this at least once a day that I know of.

I have to say I loved this one:

Why does my cat interrupt my phone calls?
He isn't jealous - he doesn't have any idea that you are speaking to someone else. He thinks you are talking to him.

I never knew this..and this muct be why everytime I am on the phone, Trout sits on my lap..she thinks I am talking to her...how sweet.

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Taxi Cat does the tail quiver all day long, mostly in front of the pantry!

I don't think i ever see Minka or Leo doing that, but that's because they're older and lazier. They spend most of their time snuggling.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maia has a battery pack somewhere in her back end! I am constantly looking for it, but have yet to find it! Unless she is dead asleep, or pretending to be to ignore me, her tail is constantly twitching! The quick quiver comes when she is scoping out a bird or one of my limbs from a distance
!

piikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

Cammy does it pretty much every time I go outside. And she only has like, 1/4 of a tail, so it's really cute!!
Our new boy has only 1 1/2" stub and he does it very often. I am quite amazed of all the things he can do with his little nub. He definitely does the quiver when he is pleased.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Wilbur use to do it looking like he might spray, then he didn't.

At about 9 months old that changed, and he DID do it. BAD. getting him neutered stopped it though. he doesn't ever do it now, which I much prefer to the lovely smell of cat pee

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Melmo

My mom's cat Katie does it all the time. My mom is positive that it means she is going to spray and no matter how much I tell her she is NOT spraying, it doesnt matter. She smacks Katie on the bum every time she does it.
Thats really horrible. Not only does hitting a cat do ABSOLUTELY nothing to help curb an unwanted behavoir it's just cruel. She is trying to say she is happy and your mom hits her....unbelievable. Please keep trying to educate her about cats and cat behavoir. Get a book at the library and come to her with your fascinating 'discoveries' about your cat Katie. Maybe coming from an authority will help sway her that its not appropriate to hit an animal.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

WOAH! Are those ALL your cats?! Are they indoor/outdoor?? I just had to ask.. they look like pure heaven to me!

Anyway.. my boys do this all of the time! Most often when I wake up or they haven't seen me for a bit.