What's your current default Web browser?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
This is in the Lounge so that more people see it. I use Mozilla Firefox, which seems to run faster than other browsers on my computer, and has such great add-ons.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Opera devotee here. If I had to switch for some reason, I'd go to Firefox, but I'd miss the mouse gestures big time.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adore firefox! Its so nice on my computer! And I love the add-ons! My fave has to be adblockplus. Its so nice not having all of those annoying ads everywhere!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use internet explorer, I've never used anything else
I'm kind of afraid to

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Firefox and have for years. I can't stand the pop ups that I used to get horribly with IE. I get MAYBE one pop up per week now where I used to get hundreds per day with IE. My computer also locks up any time I have to use IE now (there are some things online that only work with IE) so I avoid it at all costs.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use Firefox as my default browser, but I have IE and Chrome installed as well, but prefer FF.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use a browser called Maxthon. It's very similar to Internet Explorer (based on IE code, but just modified), but I started using it when my old computer had some sort of problem that caused Explorer to crash all the time.

My boyfriend uses Opera. I like that, but when I tried it, I found I was getting a lot of compatability issues with websites, especially work related ones. Those issues are probably resolved now, so maybe I'll try switching again.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I use internet explorer, I've never used anything else
I'm kind of afraid to
Give Firefox a try. You can't get rid of IE, so it will still be there, but you'll also have an alternative browser in case. But I suspect after you get used to it you'll prefer firefox.
Don't be afraid of trying new things!

Originally Posted by kara_leigh

My computer also locks up any time I have to use IE now (there are some things online that only work with IE) so I avoid it at all costs.
IE may slow things down, but it shouldn't be locking up your computer. Either you really need more ram or you simply need to optimize a lot of settings to free up what ram you have. Also, I haven't encountered any IE only sites in a long time. I'd be out of luck if I did.

I've never liked IE or even explorer for that matter. When I did use windows I used an alternative shell and file manage so I wouldn't have to deal with crashing garbage. For browsers I've always used Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox over the years.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Firefox on all PCs and 2 laptops. We recently got a mac cheap from a friend and it has Safari.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For ages I used Netscape and gave it up for Firefox. I only use IE when absolutely necessary.

I still use Netscape for my mail. I need to find an add on for that.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

I don't know much about any other browser
It's very easy to download and use, and you'll figure out any differences pretty fast.

I use Firefox on the Mac, and if I have to go into Windows, I use Google Chrome.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Have you checked out Thunderbird?
No I've heard about it but been too lazy to check it out

The only address that I use it for is my ISP and I don't use it much. I have Yahoo addresses for shopping and socializing.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i have 3 browsers here at home - Safari, Firefox & Camino. i tend to use Camino unless there's a reason not to [some websites don't do well w/it]. at school, i have IE & Firefox - there, i use Firefox.