Shelter day 2/23/09

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spent my morning with the kitties.

Reggie is going to barn rescue. I would not be surprised if someone discovers how "feral" he isn't, falls in love with him, and takes him inside.

Tiki Kay is still as lovable as ever, and is still available.

We discovered one of our "stray citizen turn-ins" actually belonged to the guy who brought him in. The guy's brother came in and recognized the cat. Nice guy, huh?

We saw the good and bad side of people today.

Someone left a yorkie on the shelter porch with a note on his collar before the shelter opened. The yorkie got hit by a car and killed before opening time.

An elderly lady brought in just a wonderful little dog, cross between a border collie and some sort of terrier. She showed up as a stray at her house, and the lady just couldn't keep her. However, the dog was intelligent, friendly, housebroken, and the lady had already trained her to sit. The lady was clearly heartbroken that she couldn't keep the dog. She was in tears, and she was offering to pay the entire adoption fee for anyone who adopted her. I have to admit I was tempted; but I know nothing about dogs.

Oh, and there was a gorgeous flame-point kitty available, as well as a "matched pair" of tabby-points, male and female (brother and sister, probably).

The follow video should be available soon.

Tiki Kay

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I was remotely near enough to take Tiki...

I watched the youtube video and she is quite the lovebug! Reminds me of Midori with Aya's coloring.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Tiki Kay is still as lovable as ever, and is still available.

Tiki Kay
is she paler IRL than she appears on the vid? i ask, because her patches look black & orange to me - regular calico, not dilute. dilutes usually have blue & cream patches.
she's really pretty, regardless!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, she's definitely dilute. Cameras can be so misleading.

EDIT: I went to see her this afternoon. The yellow is dilute, but the dark spots appear to be more black. Memories can be so misleading!