- 94 Posts. Joined 5/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats See Ghoststagged by Anne, 10/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Do you think your cats can see ghost?? Last post on 6/16/14 at 12:01pm in The Cat's Meow
- Cat is terrified of something I can't see. Last post on 1/4/14 at 2:43pm in Behavior
- Do you think cats see ghosts? Last post on 10/20/13 at 9:58pm in Behavior
- EVP, Ghosts and the Paranormal!! Last post on 5/22/08 at 6:50pm in The Cat Lounge
- do your cats see ghosts? Last post on 9/18/14 at 10:20pm in Behavior
I bought this for my 20-year-old cat, Muffin, when she started losing teeth. I was worried about her health because she had stopped eating dry food altogether (it was painful for her to chew) and...
One of our children has multiple special needs, including DS. Due to allergies, and other issues associated with this, I researched the "perfect cat" for over two years. Before finding Forestwind...
This stuff is great . I that it comes in a brushed aluminum bottle . Very easy to dispense too .
I got a sample packet from my Vet but my cats would not touch it ..
We have one just like this . My cats use it more for lounging on than scratching ..
cats see spirits?
TheCatSite.com Top Picks
There are spirits in my house (my personal belief here, trying not to sound hokey) and they don't appear to be nasty ones. I've felt them before, and it wasn't a creepy feeling, just a sense of not being alone in an empty house. My cats frequently look over my shoulder at nothing or up the stairs as if they're watching someone descend. They never seem afraid, just full of cat curiousity.
In my opinion cats have only a different sensivitity to noises a we have and they do not see any spirits .
I believe that cats can see or sense spirits. Though I think this is more to do with my upbringing. There's a Chinese belief that cats bring good fortune and health and some business and home owners either keep a cat or two around or have those little cat statues at the entrance of their place.
Both of my cats will be quite content purring away in our laps and they will suddenly both look at some point in the air and follow this point with their eyes. This could have been sound from the apartment above us but when they started to growl and become agitated that was when we started to become concerned and all the lights were switched on. We moved out of that apartment the next week. It became too creepy for us after that.
In our new apartment, the only thing we had to worry about was the scent left behind by the old resident cat. And that's a lot easier to deal with than the unkown.
Weird thing is sometimes I could feel something myself, too, like a cat or a dog jumping on the bed, moving about, then lying down next to my legs. Sometimes I'd feel it so clearly that I had to turn in my bed and have a look whether it was Sulo. I like to sometimes imagine that it's the spirit of Osku, a welsh corgi pembroke who used to live in our house before we moved in and who I personally knew very well (I used to walk him and take him to agility, match shows and such). Sadly he got run over by a car when he was a only something like three years old and died.
Anyhow, it's more likely to be just the sensation of the blood in my veins and heart thumping and all those things that I seem to notice much more at night when everything's so calm and quiet, combined with a vivid imagination. I've also felt it when I've been away from home, in another country, so the Osku-theory probably doesn't hold (unless his spirit is following me around!). And it's stopped since I got my new dog, a rough collie named Elli (hence the nickname I use on this site).
So, I don't really know what cats are thinking of when they do that... but I do kind of like the idea of seeing spirits - even though it might creep me out in the middle of the night!
It is very possible that this is your puppy, especially if you don't hear any "human" noises at night (sighing, crying, etc.) Puppy may be a little afraid of the new dog, which is why she settled down a bit.
If you feel comfortable with it, put out a favorite toy at night, it jsut may end up in another room by morning, and you're pretty much guaranteed that it's puppy letting you know he's around
I would feel blessed having a spirit watching over me. Just kick back and enjoy it.
When they appear to be looking at nothing, that's not true. Since their eyes are far superior to ours, they can see tiny flies, bugs and even dust in the air that we can not. Cats are very interested in anything moving and that's what they are looking at, dust.
It's like when light shines in your house and you see floating dust, cats can see it all the time and that's what gets their attention.
I think this makes more sense than the theory that we all have spirits in our house and only our cats can see them LOL
Ghost, spirits, supernatural things I don't think so, but I will ask my cats and have them discuss it among themselves.
Wow I am glad I saw this post, I took some pic's the other night to show my Granddaughter , that her new kitty , ( she just brought here) And her ( well MY ) Zazzy were getting along SOMEWHAT, they were laying around each other! Oh my gosh took 4 pics, and in two, there so many flying blue orb's and it was the last 2 pics, so not dust flying. One of the orbs was very long looked to be moving, I zoomed in on the long one, IT WAS THE FACE OF MY MINIATURE DACHSHUND , I LOST 10 YEARS AGO THAT I JUST ADORED , MY ONLY DOG. ( OR A DACHSHUND) !!! VERY CLEAR, EVEN MY 3 YEAR OLD NEPHEW SAW IT CLEARLY!! ,Looked at the other pic, zoomed in on a VERY BRIGHT ORB IN THE CORNER, IT WAS A CAT CLEAR AS DAY, BLUE EYED , GREY CAT!! DON' T KNOW HIM /HER NEVER HAD ANOTHER GREY CAT! I am 49 years old, and VERY SKEPTICAL, AND I KNOW WHAT WE SEE IN THESE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a VERY STRONG FAITH AND BELIEVE ANIMALS ARE VERY BLESSED! I AM THRILLED THAT OUR ANIMAL'S SPIRITS, ARE WITH US!!! so in my opinion YES, THEY SEE SPIRITS, AND THEY CAN BE OTHER ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!
- cats see spirits?
TheCatSite.com Top Picks
- › Using a camping tent to isolate a new kitty in my household? 1 minute ago
- › I went shopping for Cat Food today and did pretty good ! 16 minutes ago
- › Charlie and I just wanted to say Hello. 18 minutes ago
- › Royal Canin Vet Diet Urinary SO 31 minutes ago
- › Big lump bump with scabs under chin? 34 minutes ago
- › "Cat Proofing" Closets That Don't "Close"? 39 minutes ago
- › Egg Lecithin for Hairballs 40 minutes ago
- › Pressure cookers 42 minutes ago
- › Alternatives to steroid treatment? Need help for cat with severe... 43 minutes ago
- › University issues!! Cat separation anxiety? 50 minutes ago
- › Freshpet Vital Chicken, Ocean Whitefish & Egg Cat Food Recipe... by mrsjcross87
- › ForestWind Siberians - Bufflo, NY by Kay Deveroux
- › Iceland Pure Salmon Oil For Dogs and Cats by 2Cats4Me
- › Purina FortiFlora Feline Nutritional Supplement by 2Cats4Me
- › TRIXIE Pet Products Scratching Wave by 2Cats4Me
- › Cosmic Single Wide Scratcher by 2Cats4Me
- › Whiskas Temptations Dentabites Complete Oral Care Treats for Cats by 2Cats4Me
- › Greenies Smart Bites - Digestive Care by 2Cats4Me
- › Cat Claws' 100% Tuna Flakes by 2Cats4Me
- › All Natural Temptations Treats for Cats - Free Range Chicken Flavor by 2Cats4Me
- › Angua Von Uberwald
- › Picture of the week: Dallas, the kitten who...
- › happy&noghreh
- › Picture of the week: Andromeda and her pal
- › Carrot Ironfounderson
- › Picture of the week: A New Cat Enclosure
- › Ode to Lilac
- › The three trouble makers
- › Picture of the week: Tree climber
- › Holly the shiny wonder tortie