The house of the runs

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So it's happening again. I think it was about a year ago when this happend. All 4 of my cats have loose stool. Jordan wouldn't even get off the bed to try to eat this morning. The others (Including Levi, which I don't think I've ever seen) started breakfast, but didn't eat a whole lot. Jordan seems to be the most uncomfortable, but I'm wondering if I just take in a stool sample from one of them will the vet give me meds? Since it's all of them, I'm sure it's some sort of parasite infection, and all have had an exam in the last 6 - 9 months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I just got aff the phone with the vets office. They won't give me any meds. They want me to bring in fecals on all 4. If one of them shows something they will give me meds. If not I will have to bring in all 4 cats.
Why do I have a feeling this is going to be expensive. So much for saving up for Levi & Isaac's dental exams.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sometimes you just can't win. Its especially hard when they all get sick at the same time. that you can get the medicine for them. Good luck.

sparkie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's a shame the vet is making you bring in samples on all four or all four cats. Bless their little hearts

Sending lots of positive your way and hoping it won't be too expensive (especially if they all have the same thing!)

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

If not I will have to bring in all 4 cats.
Carrying one carrier with a shifting cat inside is tough enough, how to they expect you to bring all four?

Maybe there'll be a small discount because it's one office visit if that does happen? Hopefully treatment is easy enough.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I got a sample from Isaac last night. He actually didn't have the runs. Which could be good or bad. I took it in anyway. Apparently I have never brought in a stool specimin for Isaac.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So last night I was able to get the other 3 cats. Just in case anyone is wondergin 4 fecal samples cost me $68. Levi, Isaac & Maggie all had normal stool last night. Jordan's is still a little loose, but not nearly as bad as it was. I think if all of them come back clear, I will just have to take Jordan in since he is the only one still having symptoms.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Jordan feels better soon. I just had 1 fecal done on my Little Miss and it was $40. you got a good deal.
feel better Jordan !!!!!!!!!!