Food for a cat with Feline Stomatis

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can anyone recommend a brand or brands of food that is considered healthier for those cats who have feline stomatitis? I was originally feeding my cats friskies special diet, then switched up to fancy feast. However, I'm not sure these are the best for a cat who has this disease.

Any suggestions as to what brand of food is really good for cats? What brands do you guys feed your kids?

slemoine94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a three year old male whom had most of his teeth removed due to stomatitis. He eats dry Evo just fine. The veterinary dentist did not recommend a particular type of food but did suggest that we add L-lysine and a fish oil with omega 3 and 6 to his food. These additives help keep the underlying virus at bay. L-lysine comes in a gel, paste or powder. I use the gel and fish oil right on top of his dry food. He eats up just fine and they are really helping him. I buy both of these on Amazon.com.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by slemoine94

I have a three year old male whom had most of his teeth removed due to stomatitis. He eats dry Evo just fine. The veterinary dentist did not recommend a particular type of food but did suggest that we add L-lysine and a fish oil with omega 3 and 6 to his food. These additives help keep the underlying virus at bay. L-lysine comes in a gel, paste or powder. I use the gel and fish oil right on top of his dry food. He eats up just fine and they are really helping him. I buy both of these on Amazon.com.
Thanks for the response...

I've been reading quite a bit, trying to see what i can do to make his life easier and less painful.

I was at my vet's the other day to pick up his antibiotic and asked him to suggest a food for my kuki and i was shocked that he suggested dry food. I was like hmm ok for a cat with stomatitis?? ODD

but anyhow thanks for your input, im going to order some of the stuff you suggested.