Do you know where to go?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's 11 p.m. You hear a loud scream from your cat. You rush into the other room, and he's fallen from a shelf and hit a sharp object on the way down. He has a big gash in his side, and he's bleeding a lot. You grab a towel, wrap him up, and head for...where?

Do you know where the nearest 24-hour pet hospital is?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No such thing here.

I do have a mother who's a retired nurse and worked in a cat house (Univ. Behavioral Studies) and can perform basic triage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to admit I didn't know the answer when I wrote the question.

There are 2 hospitals that our vet refers us to, but both are at least 20 miles away.

However, both the vets at the office have their home phone number on the recording.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

Sure do! I've been there 3 times for 3 different animals. It's only about 5-10 mins from my house.
Me too, Sunday night (of course) I got on the internet, I put in my city, 24 hour Vet car and came up with one 10 miles away.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea and I have used it at 1am before on a sunday and on holidays.
Took Coco 2 times last year and Cleo once. this year. If my vet is open then I get them right in. Before we moved here the er was 20 minutes away.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yup, we made a couple trips there with Zoey. It's about a half hour away, unfortunately.

Here it depends on the vet. Some clinics send you to the Emergency Hospital and some will bring in an on-call vet from their own practice.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I know where 3 of them are. Hopefully, I'll never have to find out anything more than where they're located.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely! I'm only 1-2 miles away from the local emergency vet. I'm a total mother hen.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
er hospital is 1 mile away ..been there many times , the joys of elderly animals with chronic issues .. the good part of living in a town that is small but has some population

two animal hospitals that will come in for a small fee for ER visits

MY main vet does house calls and her cell is programmed in my phone

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sure do. Been there done that! less than 5 minutes from shoving the cat into the carrier to ER!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ER vet clinic....an hour from me (major town) doesn't have one....probably 2 hours away in Sioux Falls, SD?

I would run to my phone & text the vet tech, while calling the vet.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i know where it is - but it's about 40 minutes from me. i wish there was a closer one, but there's not.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yup! Been there a few times, my e-vet is about a half hour away, I wish they would establish one closer