income tax refund?

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
are you getting a refund? how much? and what do you plan on doing with it?
i just got mine of 1500.00

1st- im going to the mall tomorrow and seeing if they sell mens engagement rings
im sick of waiting so im going to do it!!

OR- im going to take us to get matching tattoos to symbolize our love for each other, i was thinking chinese symbol for eternal love.

2nd- making a vet appt for my precious senior Sabastian, im going to tell them take blood work, take xrays check him out and make sure hes healthy, and if not what we need to do.

3rd- take princy to get spayed

4th- set aside 600 for when my car insurance is due so i dont have to worry about it.

5th- tomorrow go to petsmart or pet supplies plus and see about getting some of the healthy foods mentioned

6th- tomorrow, maybe go to sams club and stock up on bulk

and then ill see whats left over.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We should be getting somewhere around $9,780.

It's pretty much going to go to house improvements - we want to work on at least a couple of the floors soon, rewire some stuff, add to the fence - move it back 14' so we have more backyard, build turtle pens, etc.

If anyone wonders why I want to work on the floors, the living room currently has dark teal carpet.... I have a long haired seal point and two tabby and white cats (more white than tabby). Guess what that looks like an hour after vacuuming the thing?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got about $1200, thank you school! I'm getting my pup a dental and cyst removal, pay my property taxes, get 2 new tires and give my parents the money I owe them for my appliances

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm getting around $400 which is going to pay for my health insurance for the month I get the check.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got $788 last Friday and it is already gone! I got...

A membership to Costco
A new micro stereo system with Ipod doc for when I get an Ipod
I spent almost $200 to get some healthy food in the house. We are both on diets and I wanted to get some healthy but tasty food.
And $245 for the meds that both DH and I need. These are refills the Dr called in for us and will last for 3 months...

And I paid a couple of bills too..

I am still waiting for my state refund. The jerks in Sacramento needs to get off their butts now that they passed the budget. I want my $535!!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So funny, I was thinking of starting a thread with this very question!
I'm still waiting for mine and as far as I know I'm getting around 800. There are so many things I need to do, but I know for sure I want to put some into my apartment. It's never enough to take care of everything!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our refund will pay half of our property taxes. Isn't it ironic I get taxes back to pay more taxes...

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

Our refund will pay half of our property taxes. Isn't it ironic I get taxes back to pay more taxes...
OH, good grief! I forgot about personal property tax!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

I owe $2.00 to the state and wondering whether I should pay them all at once
You should work out a payment plan...................10 cents a month over the next 2 years.......
Times are tough!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

You should work out a payment plan...................10 cents a month over the next 2 years.......
Times are tough!
LOL! Knowing the state, they'll charge me interest and it'll be more than what I originally owe!
But I'm thinking about it!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still waiting for all of my tax information to arrive. I haven't gotten my T4 from my work, nor my statement from my disability. I did get my RRSP contributions though: not much, but it's a start

I doubt I'll get a refund though. I'll probably end up owing about $1500.00 if not more.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i haven't done my taxes yet - too busy w/work & the show. i plan to do them soon, tho.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't finished up all the numbers yet, but it looks like about $1,000.

Of course, what that REALLY is is a return of a free, no-interest loan I've given the government over the last year.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The tax deducted from our pay cheques is usually the right amount so we don't have to pay much nor do we get much back. Sometimes hubby gets some back if he has enough music expenses.

We only file our income taxes about every 3 years rather than every year. Because we don't usually owe money, it isn't a problem. We have an accountant do ours because of hubby's music income (considered self-employed) and this particular accountant specializes in musicians' income tax.

We filed 3 past years last year so we probably won't do taxes again for another 2 years.