Desperately seeking temporary home for my two Persian babies in or around Winnetka

marika

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear all,
I have found myself in quite a pickle.
I will be moving back to Los Angeles from Europe on March 12th together with my two Persian Babies Missy (8) and Tommy (4). When I arrive I will be staying with friends of mine in Winnetka untill I will find a job followed by my own place. Unfortunately now I got the news that one of the people living in the house is allergic and they cannot possibly stay there. I have been over every option in my head and tried to work it out in every way I could think of, but have not come with a sollution yet.

I am now desperately looking for a home in or around Winnetka (I will be over every day
where they can stay until I settle down myself. This could be a month or two at most I would say. It will be heartbreaking for me to be without them. Usually I can't even spend the night at someone else's house because I need to sleep with my babies. (yes, I know, I'm terrible) Please, please, is there anyone who has ideas, connections, relatives, friends?

misskitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I assume you'll be willing to pay for their food and other supplies if someone is willing to foster them? I suggest contacting every no-kill rescue/shelter in the nearby area. Perhaps if you were willing to pay for everything, one of the people that fosters through one of the rescue groups could take care of the cats for you. This is the best option, in my opinion. Unless you get a good recommendation about an individual from someone you can trust, I wouldn't let a stranger foster your cat unless they are connected to a reputable rescue group. If you want, I can give you a directory of animal shelters for you to contact.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend owns a Boarding cattery and she houses cats for a month or longer at quite reasonable rates so perhaps you could find something like that? Even if it's an hour or two from where you're staying at least you don't need to give them up.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm about an hour and a half away from there, but I can't do it because I don't have the space and will be out of town for a bit around that time. Your best option is probably to have them boarded. Do you have a budget for something like that?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might try calling the local vets - there could be a tech who would be willing to do a temp foster and would like the extra $$$$. Good luck and welcome back to California
Susan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marika

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I would definately provide all food etc. and would also be willing to pay for it, unfortunately I don't have a huge budget.

I found a couple of places, but it seems all kitties are usually all together and my kitties are not used to lots of noise, activity or other pets. My house is very quiet and they're used to just me which makes it harder to find a place for them. They also do not go outside and don't have their nails, so couldn't defend themselves if there were kitties that do still have them.

They're very sensitive and calm. Tommie is extremely cuddly and needs tons of attention. He's very funny, playful and entertaining. Missy just loves to lay around being pretty and grooming herself.

I would love to find a home somewhere near mine where it will be calm and maybe older people who will be home a lot. This way they'll have the least amount of stress.

Thank you for your responses, hopefully I'll be getting some more.

Sincerely,

Marika, Missy and Tommy

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might be able to find a nice developmentally disabled girl who has finished her schooling and is home alot. My daughter is just such a person, she stays with my parents & Joey & JC love being at "grandma's" when I'm out of town. Her own cat, Christie, is treated like the princess she is (our nickname for her is Princess Mau); she isn't "spoiled", just appreciated

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

You might try calling the local vets - there could be a tech who would be willing to do a temp foster and would like the extra $$$$.
Have you researched this suggestion? There may be a vet tech that has an older relative that might be willing to take them short term with the vet tech to help out the relative. You never know.
Best of luck to you.