What is your pet peeve with your DH, DW, SO, roomate or housemate?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, anyone that lives with another human has pet peeves about the other. So, let's share them!

Mine, why can't DH actually USE the air freshener that is sitting on the sink when he is done in the bathroom? Do they think we "enjoy" smelling their "manly" scent??

Ok, I have a lot more, but I want to hear some of yours first!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't put toilet paper on the holder - what's the big rush? He's just sitting there anyways.

Getting DH to do housework.

The dishwasher - Sometimes he loads it, but usually leaves it for me and pretty much refuses to wash any pots and pans.

Vacuuming - I asked him to get a little spot by the litter box the other day because I was busying with something else and wanted that up before the plumbers showed up. He acted like I asked him to kill someone.

He's become incredibly lazy about feeding himself. He now whines at me to cook some ramen for to snack on. He knows how to cook and used to cook for himself before we moved in together years ago.

And here's a fun one. His back has been bothering him, he's finally experiencing what I have to deal with every single day. Yet he's more whiny about it and uses it as an excuse to get out of things.

Oh and thinking his farts are funny and stinking up the bathroom is cute bothers me too. At least the cats get back at him for me!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do guys think that once you become friends, farting is acceptable?! Especially stinky ones!!!!!!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Why do guys think that once you become friends, farting is acceptable?! Especially stinky ones!!!!!!!!
Passing gas is a perfectly normal bodily function. In fact to try and hold it in can cause medical issues.

So far as the smell, for the most part, how it smells is beyond anyone's control. The intestines are an area where foods are broken down and turned into waste products. It's the human body's dump: and dumps smell bad

I don't currently live with anyone but my kitties, but when I did, my big peeve was the fact that he was a complete pig and refused to pick up after himself. He left dirty clothing literally everywhere from front door to bathroom and all the rooms in between. Not only that, he wouldn't take his shoes off at the door, no matter what he had stepped in; including auto grease and he would track it all through the house on the carpets. Same with his hands if they were dirty. Touch! Touch! Touch! I could have killed him!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My main peeve with DH is that he throws things out because he "can't stand clutter", and often those things are operator's manuals, spare parts or extra filters for appliances, or extra pet carriers/litter boxes/food bowls that I keep for emergencies.

Right now the cell phone I keep in the glove compartment is "missing", and he won't admit that he threw it out.

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is going back to when I first moved to the place I live currently, this is five years ago. This guy from the pizza place I worked at called Palumbo's needed a place to stay. He was from Honduras and at work he seemed like a nice guy. Well, turns out he was a heavy drinker and was a mean drunk. One night, I got my dial up internet connection set up and was trying to log on. Well he kept trying to make phone calls. So I went and unplugged the phone. Well, he comes bursting out of his room trying to fight me. I pull a sword on him and try to keep him from coming any closer. I was in my room at that point and he tries to get in. I slammed the door on his hand and his finger gets cut pretty good. I then call the cops and they come to get him. He actually tried to get me in trouble for marijuana by putting these clove cigarettes that he rolled by hand on the kitchen counter. The whole week he was here, he constantly broke the rules that I had in writing. The main one was no friends while I am not here. He also drank two expensive bottles of alcohol that my friends had given me as a house warming gift. One was a 20 year old single malt scotch and the other was a 50 year old bottle of cognac. I talked to my boss the next day about what happened and fortunately he paid the full month's rent he owed me, PLUS reimbursed me exactly for the bottles of alcohol he stole. Not only that, but he also increased my pay to 8 dollars an hour from 7 an hour.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clicking! He sits there and clicks his fingers, his neck, his back all the time!!!!!

It makes me sick! This is my biggest pet peeve but I could go on and on and ON!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Picking up after himself is a big one. After eating breakfast or when he comes home he put his containers in the sink vs the dishwasher.

Leaving lights/TV on after he has left the room. Not placing the newspaper in recycling after he is done reading it. And leaving Bakker outsie-esp w/o a collar when I have repeatedly asked to keep him inside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Passing gas is a perfectly normal bodily function. In fact to try and hold it in can cause medical issues.

So far as the smell, for the most part, how it smells is beyond anyone's control. The intestines are an area where foods are broken down and turned into waste products. It's the human body's dump: and dumps smell bad
I agree that this is a natural bodily function and everyone does it....but do they REALLY have to turn it into an olympic event and rate them? "Oh honey....that one was a 10!"

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have one big one...

The amount of time he spends playing on Eve (tis an online game, kinda like WoW).

oh and he and the kids both do this: leave their butter knives (or jam, or whatever) on the counter instead of putting it in the dishwasher.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leaving clothes lying around.
I lot of his faults are mine too, so I can't complain (I can out-fart any man
) He's a hoarder so we have a lot of clutter. Getting him to clear stuff out is hard, but I would never just throw his stuff out. I guess I don't have any major complaints aoubt him.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure Dottie would have plenty of complaints about me. I'll confess it...I'm not neat! Well, I don't like to "organize" things, I guess.

However, Dottie is slow. I mean, really slow. I eat too fast, but when we're eating, she takes forever! She was actually late to work last week because it took her 1/2 hour to eat a grapefruit!

This, of course, leads to the second complaint; she hates being early to anything, so she usually ends up late. Sometimes I feel like a border collie, nipping at her heels, trying to herd her to some place she needs to be.

Actually, her biggest fault is probably that she loves me!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any pet peeves with my husband. He cooks, does laundry, cleans and puts up with me

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
never turns his cell phone on! GAH lol you bought one for a reason turn it on!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mer636

never turns his cell phone on! GAH lol you bought one for a reason turn it on!!
LMAO...that would be a pet peeve everyone has with me

My cell spent last week in my truck cuz I didn't remember to bring it in and didn't need it LOL.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

LMAO...that would be a pet peeve everyone has with me

My cell spent last week in my truck cuz I didn't remember to bring it in and didn't need it LOL.
Same here! My cell phone is for emergencies only if I'm on the road (which isn't often). I'm always near a phone otherwise so I always forget to turn it on. Why wear the battery down? lol

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

Same here! My cell phone is for emergencies only if I'm on the road (which isn't often). I'm always near a phone otherwise so I always forget to turn it on. Why wear the battery down? lol
Same here. I keep my cell phone in my car. We have a land line, so there is no reason for me to have my cell phone in the house. My mom complains to me all the time that I never answer my cell phone, but she never calls our land line. Drives me nuts.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
fighting over pillows before we go to bed.

he takes off his shoes and leaves them in the middle of the living room floor, i always have to move them.

he leaves empty soda bottles, empty wrappers wherever he is.

when he takes a shower i always ask him to hang it back up to dry, we usually share it for a little bit then wash it, well it always ends up in a ball in the sink!

trying to get him to take the garbage out.

he has an obsession with the remote and if we are layin on the couch he must have it at all times, we can be cuddled up on the couch watching a movie, and even if theres no reason he needs to change the channel, if he loses it, we have to get up off the couch and he shakes out the blankets looks in the cushions until he finds it!

when we wake up the first words out of his mouth is i love you, coffee? and wheres the remote? lol

hes also getting lazy about his food,he used to cook just fine, now he wants me to prepare everything.

hes still perfect to me

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Oh I don't mind if they pass gas, even if it smells, as long as you go to the bathroom or another room!
How hard is it to walk into another room?! And when it comes to Eric, it is always a bomb, sometimes my plants even wilt!!!!!!