Actr1um...why is it sticky? **Dry food**

melmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I always feed my cats Actr1um, because its not overly expensive and also becuse they love it and the first ingredient is Chicken, so its not a bad food.
I went to Walmart Friday and picked up a bag, but they didnt have the stuff I normally buy, instead of a black and orange? bag it was all white. I dont know if either they changed the look of the bag or the food itself but it did say it's preserved with vitamin E. I also got a small bag of dog food which is also Actr1um and it says the exact same thing on it.
When I fed it to them, I picked up a handful and noticed it's sticky, like maybe a little water got into it and I figured maybe it had to do with it being preserved with vit E. But then I realized the dog food is normal, its not sticky like the cat food is.
So my question is, should I be worried? Is it normal for it to be sticky? Its been a week they hav ebeen eating it now, my cats are fine, no problems that I can see but I just wanted to ask, to be safe.
Has anyone tried it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I noticed a number on the bag and I called. The woman said that the fat must not have been absorbed properly and that's what is making the food sticky. She took my address and is sending me a coupon for a new bag.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Melmo

So I noticed a number on the bag and I called. The woman said that the fat must not have been absorbed properly and that's what is making the food sticky. She took my address and is sending me a coupon for a new bag.
I was going to say that