Dallas area TCS get-together?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I mentioned in passing a Dallas get-together. We did this last year at Lee's new house. My house is nowhere near as nice or new or large, and I certainly don't have an elevator, but if no one else wants to volunteer to host such an event, I'm willing. I live on the south side of Dallas, just south of I-20. It certainly wouldn't be fair to expect Lee to do it again; he put an immense amount of work into it.

Who's interested in coming? Any suggestions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we're not talking next week, so maybe you'll be here by then!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to go!!! I live in a one bedroom apartment though... Can't offer the space (the lack of it, actually), but would love to go!!!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hahaha funny! It will be at the very soonest June before we move, but most likely it will be close to a year before we get down there.
I so wish we were there already, trust me. Especially with the blizzard we got this week. My husband goes between we're broke, we need to move SO you can get a job...and we're too broke to move, you need to GET a job. *sigh* Half the time I feel like he doesn't even really want to do it.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I mentioned in passing a Dallas get-together. We did this last year at Lee's new house. My house is nowhere near as nice or new or large, and I certainly don't have an elevator, but if no one else wants to volunteer to host such an event, I'm willing. I live on the south side of Dallas, just south of I-20. It certainly wouldn't be fair to expect Lee to do it again; he put an immense amount of work into it.

Who's interested in coming? Any suggestions?
Thanks for the comments. You can put DW and I on the list, (after dates are worked out).

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, i'll come! school runs until the 1st week in june, but then i'll be free!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will be out of town two of the weekends in June. I guess we ought to start trying to see what dates work for the most people, especially those who wanted to attend last time and weren't able to.

You can PM me if you don't want to post publicly. I'd like some idea of the level of interest, etc.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
By the way, in case anyone is trying to figure out where I am located, I'm south of I-20 and just west of US67.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

By the way, in case anyone is trying to figure out where I am located, I'm south of I-20 and just west of US67.
so, Grand Prairie-ish? i had a lot of trouble locating 67 on the online map i was looking at...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, from Sanger, TX, it's easy.

Go south on I-35. Take I-35E in Denton. When you get to the split, take Loop 12 south. When that splits, take Spur 408. When you get to I-20, don't take either of the I-20 exits; keep going straight. After you cross I-20, the road becomes Clark Road. Stay on that, and it comes to within 3 blocks of my house.

Or, you could come down at night and just keep heading for the all the radio/TV towers. We have 14 of them down here, now.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In checking my schedule, I see I will be out of town June 13-14 and June 20-21. Please post or PM me dates you will NOT be available, everyone! Let's see if there's enough interest and a date we can come up with, anytime from, oh, say, the first of May to the end of July.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

In checking my schedule, I see I will be out of town June 13-14 and June 20-21. Please post or PM me dates you will NOT be available, everyone! Let's see if there's enough interest and a date we can come up with, anytime from, oh, say, the first of May to the end of July.
I will be available after May but perhaps DW will not. We are going to Iran in May and one of the pecularities of Islam law is that when we leave the airport in Tehran I will be asked if I allow my wife to leave the country. If I say no...

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well have fun everyone, now my husband it talking like it might be closer to 2 years before we move. *sigh* He says we can't afford to move, even though we are moving b/c he can't get work and I can't find a job. He told me yesterday that he had a surprise for me when he got home from work, and it was something I had been wanting, and I asked him "We're moving to Texas?" and he just laughed.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Haven't had much response on this subject. Should we let it drop, or just wait until we get closer to summer?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Haven't had much response on this subject. Should we let it drop, or just wait until we get closer to summer?
maybe just wait. i'm up for a get-together whenever once school's out.