Cat farm!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found this video about a guy in Florida who built a 30acre cat farm!! He has over 500 rescued cats!
And they came from all over. He has little houses, a police station, school, cat inn, city hall, wal-mart and other cute little buildings for the cats to live in! Now even though this would be a har life since it is non-profit, but this is like heaven
!! I dont know if anyone has already posted about this, if not enjoy!!

http://www.kmph.com/global/video/fla...v&rnd=23063751

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh. My. Gosh!! How neat! You can really tell he loves those cats and they flourish under his care. I'm not sure I could care for that many cats, though!! Bless that man!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

A friend at work used to joke about running away with me (we're both married.) One day I came home and told my husband that Cpl. Ballard and I were going to run off together and start a cat farm. My husband said "a CAT FARM???" I think he was more shocked by the idea of a cat farm than anything else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know isnt it just amazing??? He quit his job for them! We need more people like him
Oh that for sure is one of my dreams! Except add some more acres for horse rescues and dog rescues and i am in Heaven!!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! That's AWESOME! A sea of cats! I'm gonna feel much less overwhelmed stepping out on my porch for my cats' meal times now! There's only about fifteen here!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely man - bless him! I just wish everyone everywhere had a natural love of all our 4 legged furiends then there wouln't be a need for farms or shelters.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I ever win the lotto that's what I'm doing
If I can wrangle 15, I can surely handle 500

OMG, I juts watched the video and those kitties sure do love that guy
that is just an awesome story

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... I mean... WOW! The guy is basically bankrupting himself to do this! The cats are great! I love the lovey ones who are riding on his shoulders!

I wonder if he adopts out any of them. He should if people want them.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is so awesome!Oh how I wish I had the money to do something like that!He has a great and giving heart!Them cats are sure lucky to have people like him to care for them!

sparkie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now THAT is my idea of heaven!

I want to start a cat farm when I retire
(that's decades from now - but one can dream!)

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is a rescue in Kings County, called Cat House on the kings (Which I have fostered kittens for before) who have over 5,000 cats I believe mainly taken care of by one woman (Of course, there are volunteers!!). But her life is devoted to them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101

There is a rescue in Kings County, called Cat House on the kings (Which I have fostered kittens for before) who have over 5,000 cats I believe mainly taken care of by one woman (Of course, there are volunteers!!). But her life is devoted to them!
OMG I forgot about that place!! I live kind of near there, my friends have seen it before.

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have never actually been over there. My foster kitties were always dropped off at my house lol. But I would someday like to go there and volunteer...do some cleaning, i have learned to like cleaning with all the cleaning I have to do! lol