American Idol - ***Spoilers inside***

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So who is watching the new season?

I'm not sure how I feel about the format. I'm concerned that if there is a plethora of talented singers in one particular group, some may fall by the wayside, despite the Wildcard Round.

I liked Alexis (girl with pink hair), Danny (last guy to sing) and Ricky (second guy to sing). Ricky was a great singer but I think he is too forgettable to get any votes. Tatianna did MUCH better than I expected, but I find her way too irritating. I like Anoop, but didn't think he had a great performance last night.

Who were your favorites and what do you think of the format?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the same people you do Karen, I have loved Danny since day one, he's my pick to win the whole thing
Tatianna is more annoying than sand in your bathing suit
Anoop should have sung a different song last night, it's too bad

I am concerned about this format too, picking 3 from the group, what if there is more than 3 really great ones, it's scary for these kids

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also don't know that I care much for this new format. Hopefully they thought it out and made sure they didn't put all the really good ones in one group. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

I liked Alexis and Danny last night. I can't remember who else is even in the next 24
Once they get down to the top 12 I'll pick a favorite and start voting

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I also don't know that I care much for this new format. Hopefully they thought it out and made sure they didn't put all the really good ones in one group. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

I liked Alexis and Danny last night. I can't remember who else is even in the next 24
Once they get down to the top 12 I'll pick a favorite and start voting
I'm like you, I wait until the top 12 to start really getting into it. Right now, I'm still trying to put a name to the face!

I DO like Danny and I think he did awesome! I also like the guy that works on the oilrigs (can't remember his name....), although I thought he could have picked a better song last night I still loved him! I just want to buy him a beer!

Tatianna just gets on my last nerve!! She WAS much more..umm..calm last night, which was just strange. She did much better than I thought she would though, considering her song choice. I'm anxious to see who makes it tonight (I didn't vote though
).

DH gets the biggest kick out of me when they are singing because I start picking apart their song choices, pitch, etc (like I know what I'm talking about
) DH finally looked at me last night and said..."And, your Grammy is hanging WHERE in this house????). Ok...I was put in my place.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do not like this new format, either, especially with only 3 being picked from each group.

I think Tatiana has a good voice, but she is hard for me to take, otherwise. I think she did good last night.

I like Michael, the one from Texas, Alexis and Danny. Ricky was also good.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been watching on and off and didn't notice the new format...not sure what to think about it...

From what I saw last night, I liked Alexis.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't really like this new format either, but I can't remember the way it used to be

I liked Alexis, she was BY FAR the best girl last night, Stevie and Casey's performances were awful I voted for Alexis

For the guys, I liked Michael, Anoop and Danny, although Anoop didn't sing his best and previously I didn't really like Danny
Ricky Braddy was good, but like Karen and Simon said, too forgettable. He really doesn't seem like a star. I voted for Anoop

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

DH finally looked at me last night and said..."And, your Grammy is hanging WHERE in this house????). Ok...I was put in my place.
Isn't that the truth? Suddenly we're all experts.

Casey and Stevie were trainwrecks...Casey's was the worst of the night, and possibly of all time.

There was a whole bunch of forgettable surrounding Alexis and Danny. I like Anoop, but he was boring last night. If they keep pimping Danny like this, though, they're going to make me dislike him, and it's too bad because I currently have a whole lot of Danny Love.

Ricky Bobby, and the African American guy who kept pointing into the air were "meh"

Don't be too surprised if Tatiana gets through...she's the current pick from the ridiculous folks over at Vote for the Worst...early on like this, they can really skew the results.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked Alexis as the best female with Tatiana second.

Danny was very good but I was a bit disappointed in Anoop and the oilrig dude.

While I'm not a country western fan the guy who sang that CW song did well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I hope Anoop makes it through on the Wildcard round.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I hope Anoop makes it through on the Wildcard round.
Anoop did not make the cut?
I hope he makes it on the wild card round too.
Anoop Dog

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Tatiana DOESN'T make it through the wild card round, although it would be funny if they kept her around for a laugh!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I thought she was going to completely break down on the stage when she didn't get through!

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

DH gets the biggest kick out of me when they are singing because I start picking apart their song choices, pitch, etc (like I know what I'm talking about
) DH finally looked at me last night and said..."And, your Grammy is hanging WHERE in this house????). Ok...I was put in my place.
You have to tell DH that made me "snort" while reading. My walls are lacking as well

I have to pretty much agree with all so far. Alexis really impressed me last night and tonight as well. I didn't think I was going to like any of the girls this year.

Casey was HORRIBLE. I can't believe I am going to type that Tatiana sang very well last night. She however is far too annoying!

I like Oilrig mike, but last night was not good (or tonight for that matter). I was surprised he made it through tonight. I like that song but he just didn't sing it well.

I am curious to see how the bald welder guy does. He could be really good or just bomb

I was surprised Anoop didn't make it through, but he didn't do well last night. He isn't one of my favorites but he is a good singer.

I think Ricky may have made it through had he gotten more air time prior to last night. I think it is a little unfair that we get to know some much more than others. Tatiana might have done better if we had know her a little less.

I am not so sure about the format this year either.

I am curious to see how the bald welder guy does. He could be really good or just bomb. Also the tall skinny guy with the dark hair that has a great high range. He could be awesome or again just tank.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOOHOO!!! Tatiana is gone!!
At least for now. I love Micheal who made it through, and I'm still on the fence with Alexis. There's just something about her that bugs me. I think she reminds me of someone from highschool so it has nothing to do with talent because she blew me away last night.

I am surprised Anoop didn't make it through but I'm betting he's going to get in the last round with the wildcards. I really liked him too.

I saw the people for next week and the only one that stands out is the bald guy. I REALLY don't like this format. Like I'm going to remember the next people in another week!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

If they keep pimping Danny like this, though, they're going to make me dislike him, and it's too bad because I currently have a whole lot of Danny Love.

Having Danny love wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that he's from Wisconsin, would it?

I'll admit it: I'm a little biased this year.
I'd LOVE to see someone from my home state win this year!

Regardless of that, I DO like Danny, and I'm glad he made it through. He's one of the three who I was rooting for - along with oilrig Mike (who kinda reminds me of Brett Favre
), and Alexis. So far, my favs made it through to the top twelve.

I have to admit that Tatiana did a good job last night, but I'm not heartbroken over the fact that she's gone. She got on my nerves almost as much as that bikini babe did.
What a drama queen SHE was, with her "Oh my aching back & sore feet" and "I'm soooo tired" spiel.
Like none of the others aren't being put through the wringer..

I'm not sure I like this new format. I think some good talent might be lost in the dust this way.

I'm kinda curious to see what happens with the "split personality" dude, Nick/Norman.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just now watching the episode on DVR. I kept getting "text feeds" of the results from a coworker while I was in class.

I see they're still trying to force the Carly/Michael thing...they're still giving them crap songs to sing, and Carly's still over-singing them...My Baby Wrote Me a Letter? Really?

Oilrig Mike made it through because, no matter what anyone says, this is not a singing contest, and it never has been. He got through strictly on his story. If nobody knew who anyone was, he never would have made it through. Ryan said that Michael and Anoop were only separated by 20,000 votes. I'm almost certain that Anoop will be in the wildcard.

When Tatiana was standing there with Danny, did she really think she stood a chance of going through? There is no way in heck that Danny wouldn't make it to the top twelve.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Oilrig Mike made it through because, no matter what anyone says, this is not a singing contest, and it never has been. He got through strictly on his story. If nobody knew who anyone was, he never would have made it through. Ryan said that Michael and Anoop were only separated by 20,000 votes. I'm almost certain that Anoop will be in the wildcard.
Dang! I knew I should have kept voting for Anoop

you hit the nail on the head though, Kelly, this is more of a popularity contest than a singing contest and I think it is very unfair the way they skew the "pre-voting" TV coverage

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I really wish they would eliminate the group numbers and have the results show only be a half hour. The group numbers are often painful to watch.