TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › Need help with my petition for Dusty, the cat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need help with my petition for Dusty, the cat

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Hello -

As you know, I created a petition for Dusty, the cat, asking for justice to be brought to Kenny, his abuser.
Here is the site for the petition
Here is my question: I have several hateful comments, like "FU Kenny, I am going to kill you, Kill Kenny", etc... Should I leave them?
Of course I am deleting the bogus messages and no-supporting ones...
What about the supporting, angry ones? Do I send them to the DA?
I have about 1,800 signatures already, and I am sure by the time I send the first email tonight to the DA's office, it will have over 2,000...
Please let me know your thoughts....
And continue to send it to your friends and family!! You you haven't signed, please do so....
Yep, I am on a mission -
post #2 of 22
Thank you so much for doing this - I believe we can get to 5,000 within the next 24 hours. It's been posted all over the net.

I'm not sure whether you should save those ones or not. Do you have access to everybodys email addresses that have posted?
post #3 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats View Post
Thank you so much for doing this - I believe we can get to 5,000 within the next 24 hours. It's been posted all over the net.

I'm not sure whether you should save those ones or not. Do you have access to everybodys email addresses that have posted?
No I don't... But as the mediator I can delete the signatures that can cause damage...
post #4 of 22
Thread Starter 
I received an email saying I should send this to the State Attorney General as well... I am going to do that for sure!!
post #5 of 22
Hi Carolinalima, I'm going to send you a pm on this. And thank you again for all your efforts on this. You are doing a lot of good.
post #6 of 22
me and BF signed
post #7 of 22
Thread Starter 
Thank you!!! 2,158 signatures and counting!!!! And I was shooting for 1,000 by the end of the week.... Now I am shooting for 10,000!!!!!
Believe me - our voices WILL be heard!!
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
Thank you!!! 2,158 signatures and counting!!!! And I was shooting for 1,000 by the end of the week.... Now I am shooting for 10,000!!!!!
Believe me - our voices WILL be heard!!
Yeah, I was just scanning through them. Some of them will definitely have to be deleted, but you have to expect that in an open forum like that.

Since there is now a third tape of these boys abusing another cat - a black and white cat - apparently at another kid's house - hope there will be a third charge. If that third kid was involved - charge him, too!
post #9 of 22
Thread Starter 
I thought this post was cute:

"Rachel Skaggs: I support this petition. I support it 100% percent. I would die for this poor unfortionate cat. I'm only thirteen and this breaks my heart. Kenny Glenn is one of my bestfriend's. I have known him since I was in diapers. I live in Lawton also. Were are absolutely not friends anymore. Tell me anyway I can to help Dusty... Please.."

I am sure by now this petition has gotten Kenny's attention... Ugh, I can't even say his name...
post #10 of 22
I gladly signed the petition
post #11 of 22
Thread Starter 
I wrote to the Department of Justice and the Attorney General.... ai ai ai...
post #12 of 22
I can't believe anyone could do something like that... all I've seen is a still frame of the poor scared cat. My heart is so broken for the poor cat, his expression. I hope someone does the same things to these "kids" that they did to the poor cats.
post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
Yeah... A Lot of people feel this way...
Here is what I am getting from this situation: I spent almost 24 hours flat on youtube, posting the petition site in there... You would not believe how common cat abuse is... There are apparently many other videos posted, that have not received this media attention. Many users said they also abuse their cats, "and so what"? I didn't look for other abuse videos, as this one make me sick enough, and I don't think I can take it...
Here is the "good" that will come out of this situation: The media is falling all over it, and with our help, awareness to the animal abuse issue will surface... This "boy", IMO, is taking full advantage of being a minor to commit these crimes unpunished... The fact that he wore a mask and used a pseudonym, clearly shows he knew this was was wrong. You could see on the kittie's eyes that he knew and was terrified of what was to come.
My goal is not to promote hatred. It is simply to bring awareness to this situation, and to have him receive the punishment he deserves, as an adult.
At 16 years old, this boy can already drive. On his hands, a car can be a lethal weapon. Someone like him oozes disrespect for life, for animal lives, and in the future, chances are, for human lives as well.
I know this is not the biggest, or the worst animal abuse case out there, but it is certainly one that is making a statement due to the media. We must "take advantage" of this fact to make it an example to all animal abusers out there.
I myself do not see a difference in between that kitty and a baby - the innocence is the same... So is the fact that they can't speak for themselves... Now Dusty is speaking through all of us...
I hope the authorities listen to it...
So far I contacted: CNN, Fox News, KSWO, The Attorney General, The Department of Justice, Oprah, Larry King, PETA, ASPCA, and all the cat sites out there...
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
Yeah... A Lot of people feel this way...
Here is what I am getting from this situation: I spent almost 24 hours flat on youtube, posting the petition site in there... You would not believe how common cat abuse is... There are apparently many other videos posted, that have not received this media attention. Many users said they also abuse their cats, "and so what"? I didn't look for other abuse videos, as this one make me sick enough, and I don't think I can take it...
Here is the "good" that will come out of this situation: The media is falling all over it, and with our help, awareness to the animal abuse issue will surface... This "boy", IMO, is taking full advantage of being a minor to commit these crimes unpunished... The fact that he wore a mask and used a pseudonym, clearly shows he knew this was was wrong. You could see on the kittie's eyes that he knew and was terrified of what was to come.
My goal is not to promote hatred. It is simply to bring awareness to this situation, and to have him receive the punishment he deserves, as an adult.
At 16 years old, this boy can already drive. On his hands, a car can be a lethal weapon. Someone like him oozes disrespect for life, for animal lives, and in the future, chances are, for human lives as well.
I know this is not the biggest, or the worst animal abuse case out there, but it is certainly one that is making a statement due to the media. We must "take advantage" of this fact to make it an example to all animal abusers out there.
I myself do not see a difference in between that kitty and a baby - the innocence is the same... So is the fact that they can't speak for themselves... Now Dusty is speaking through all of us...
I hope the authorities listen to it...
So far I contacted: CNN, Fox News, KSWO, The Attorney General, The Department of Justice, Oprah, Larry King, PETA, ASPCA, and all the cat sites out there...
Maybe with a big white hot light shining on this situation, some of those others won't escape scrutiny. The "so what" attitude is pervasive in our society. Why have a pet if all you want to do is abuse it, unless you are a sadistic sociopath to begin with. And as many others have said, this attitude extends into other areas - lack of empathy, feeling above the law, etc.

BTW - Kenny is 14; his brother, Weston - who did the taping - is 16.
post #15 of 22
I signed. I will send out an email to my close friends and family asking for them to sign as well. Does it matter we are in Canada?
post #16 of 22
you are doing an amazing thing. We couldnt pull up the video and im kinda glad. just knowing about it upsets me enough.

ive posted the petition on facebook and my myspace as well so we can get it passed around, im friends with lotsa animal lovers, im also forwarding emails to my friends and co workers, i think we can do this!!!
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
I myself do not see a difference in between that kitty and a baby - the innocence is the same... So is the fact that they can't speak for themselves... Now Dusty is speaking through all of us...


They may be in their early teens, but their old enough and ugly enough to know better
post #18 of 22
I've signed the petition. I'm not going to watch the video. Things like that haunt me. I'll take everyone's word for it on the extent of the abuse that took place.

Also, as for your question... Yes, I would delete those inappropriately worded and threatening posts as they will do nothing for the cause.

Thank you for doing this.
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteforest View Post
I've signed the petition. I'm not going to watch the video. Things like that haunt me. I'll take everyone's word for it on the extent of the abuse that took place.

Also, as for your question... Yes, I would delete those inappropriately worded and threatening posts as they will do nothing for the cause.

Thank you for doing this.

I also can't look but I have a pretty good imagination and what the human (so called) is capable of. This is a great thing you are doing, I also signed the petition and will most certainly, spread the petition around. Good luck.
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvionc View Post
I signed. I will send out an email to my close friends and family asking for them to sign as well. Does it matter we are in Canada?
Not at all - I am in New Zealand [on the other side of the world] and have been doing all I can to raise awareness and Susan has even rung the DA and she's in the UK. Every little bit helps no matter where in the world you are.
post #21 of 22
You know - the more I think about it, the more I think that these kids are going to get off with a rap on the wrist. If you go to KSWO's site and look at the posts on this story, someone who is familiar with the town said the juvi judge is married to one of the news anchors at KSWO!!!

OK - can you say "small town"?

I don't think the tv station is doing a very good job of following up on this story. Others agree. What about doing a piece on community reaction? We haven't heard from the parents. Yeesss... they are minors. Even if this were a sexual assault case, and the r@pe shield laws protect the victim(s), as they should - you can still do a reaction piece! "What do you think of the video - two local boys arrested and charged...." etc.

I hope all kinds of reaction is being heaped on this family.
post #22 of 22
Thread Starter 
4,240 signatures so far!!! I a pretty sure we will get 10,000 by the weekend...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Breaking Mews
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › Need help with my petition for Dusty, the cat