cheap, ugly, but HUGE success!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I am no longer going to move, I decided to put some boxes to better use... I made some holes in the front, top or sides and taped the boxes together... It is not pretty at all, but it took me less than 5 minutes to make it, and the kitties love it!!! They have been using all the time as a hide out when they are playing chase...
Here it is...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks like my two calicos' idea of heaven right there! Ginger and Annie are my two box-dwellers and they can play for hours with just one box...your project is fabulous!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is so silly, but I will tell you they used it non stop yesterday, and all day today... Every time I thought about doing an "upgrade", I couldn't as a kitty would be in it... Not sure what their fascination with boxes is, but... It surely works for me!!! Here is Lucky trying to decide if she wanted to use the front, side or top door

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had several of those in my house & outside for years. Boxes are a cats best friend!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is absolutely superb, my place always looks like a warehouse because of all the cardboard boxes I have lying around for the cats, but it keeps them happy so I'm happy too

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a couple of boxes just sitting on the floor and my two jump all over them! I got a bigger box from work a couple of weeks ago, cut off the flaps, cut a little doorway on one end and they like to run and play in it and on top of it. Silly kitties!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

i cant believe ive been throwing boxes away!!
I get sick of tripping over them, but we always have to have at least one out for the kitties.
I never thought of making a cat house out of them!
What a great idea! Your kitties are obviously loving it!

mikehong

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very cool, that was a great idea!

My gf and I are going to build a cat tree but I think I'll do a cardboard box castle like you for the kitties to play with in the meantime.

Good stuff

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It may not be esthetically pleasing to a mere human, but obviously you hit the feline functionality right on the head! Good job!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever we get a package, the box usually stays around for a few days, until it's either crushed or chewed up and it goes in the recycling...best kitty toys ever.

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can relate! When I was acclimating a new kitty a couple of weeks ago, I felt the urge to cobble up something together quickly so everyone would have a new distraction. My cardboard fortress:

Nice to see there are others out there thinking 'outside the box'!

mizzy moo moo's

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is such a good idea, Mizzy would love it, i might make her a castle then she can act like a princess, (as she would lay on the highest place, or hide).