Persi is still mad

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of my cats have cat food available 24/7. Alley only eats cat food and will eat no treats of any kind. But when I eat, Persi perches himself on the arm of the couch next to me and virtually takes food from my plate.

Saturday night some friends had us over for dinner and yesterday after seeing Slumdogs we ate out. Two days in a row not having dinner at home. Two days in a row that Persi had to settle for cat food. Last night when he realized that he again was not going to get any treats, Persi spent the night perched on the arm of the couch glaring at me. I mean glaring at me as in "where the hell are my treats tonight". This morning he is still mad at me. I think we will have fish tonight and all will be well once again.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Persi has a little attitude does he? But he's such a cute, loving boy.
How could he possible be mad?

Just curious - has he ever thrown a temper tantrum when he hasn't gotten his way? Your Persi reminds me of my Muddy and he's been know to throw a tantrum from time to time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Persi has a little attitude does he? But he's such a cute, loving boy.
How could he possible be mad?

Just curious - has he ever thrown a temper tantrum when he hasn't gotten his way? Your Persi reminds me of my Muddy and he's been know to throw a tantrum from time to time.
He does not throw a tantrum but what he does is goes and gets in his tent that you so graciously gave him and lays in there and sulks all day.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm just visualizing that glare. Hope you got pictures.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This behavior reminds me of one of my cats, who will get in my face and stare at me sometimes when it's time for dinner! Persi sounds as if he definitely has his own opinions about certain things.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Persi spent the night perched on the arm of the couch glaring at me. I mean glaring at me as in "where the hell are my treats tonight". This morning he is still mad at me. I think we will have fish tonight and all will be well once again.
I am all too familiar with that glare. I get it from Frankie every night when dinner isn't served promptly. The closer she is to me the more mad she is. Usually it's just from the kitchen but some nights she sits right in front of me as if to say... "Hello, I'm waiting for my dinner!"