Cleo's Official Tica Name

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to Nial for helping me with Cleos name and Tica.
Her name is Wizardgate Cleopatra Egyptian Queen.
I just got it changed in time.
They are sending her papers out tomorrow.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it - glad you caught it in time
Good luck at your 1st show with her. Now when you get that, you can register her with CFA too.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't forget to ask TICA to send you a 5 gen pedigree so that you can register her with CFA easily!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was pretty sure I just read that a 3generation is all that is needed to register in CFA?? I only checked off 3gen for my two girls......ugh

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

I was pretty sure I just read that a 3generation is all that is needed to register in CFA?? I only checked off 3gen for my two girls......ugh
I'm actually unsure if it's 3 gen or 5. Abys are 8 gen (same with Siamese). But in general 5 is the minimum I would recommend for any breed!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we only need 3 gen to transfer or dual register Siamese/Oriental with TICA UK as long as they are already with another registry (in our case mostly GCCF or FB/FiFe).

EDIT: Actually sorry I just re-read the thread and that info is in no way relevant to you because you're already with TICA and wanting to dual register elsewhere, rather than being registered elsewhere and wanting to dual register with TICA, and my info is for GCCF (a very strict registry!) cats being registered with TICA UK so I don't know whether the same rules apply elsewhere - my apologies for providing irrelevant info (it's not the first time tbh :eek: )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol I really liked that name.
I guess I will get the papers any day since they were being mailed today.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excellent!

I still think it's weird that the owners get to choose their cats names over there. I once asked one of my pet owners what they wanted to register their kitten and that was "Tara Blue Silk"

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Excellent!

I still think it's weird that the owners get to choose their cats names over there. I once asked one of my pet owners what they wanted to register their kitten and that was "Tara Blue Silk"
It's not that normal over here - I met my boy Sonic early on in his life before he was registered and I was lucky that the breeder said I could pick a name (up to 14 letters!) to go on his registration papers. But most breeders here like to name and register their litters with a theme such as "flowers" or "comedy actors" or "classic cars" or any other theme you can think of - mostly I think because when the breeder sees them in a show catalogue or even in e-mails from their kitten families they can instantly recall "that was one of the flowers litter, sire x and dam y", rather than having a multitude of unrelated names to try to remember for the rest of their lives, that they hadn't themselves chosen and have no meaning for them.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

It's not that normal over here - I met my boy Sonic early on in his life before he was registered and I was lucky that the breeder said I could pick a name (up to 14 letters!) to go on his registration papers. But most breeders here like to name and register their litters with a theme such as "flowers" or "comedy actors" or "classic cars" or any other theme you can think of - mostly I think because when the breeder sees them in a show catalogue or even in e-mails from their kitten families they can instantly recall "that was one of the flowers litter, sire x and dam y", rather than having a multitude of unrelated names to try to remember for the rest of their lives, that they hadn't themselves chosen and have no meaning for them.
Yeah I like having themes in my litters too. What's Sonic's registered name? I have a Sonic too! Although he's going to his new home on Wednesday and I think he'll have a different name then.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

But most breeders here like to name and register their litters with a theme such as "flowers" or "comedy actors" or "classic cars" or any other theme you can think of
That's what usually happens here, my breeder let me choose my own names though (except for Farley's who was older and already registered) she tends to use Aussie names, towns/rivers etc.

I think most would consider letting you name, I know some who will tell you the theme they want and let you pick a name accordingly.