I had a meaningful Vday!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK this is quite a long story, but I'll try to keep it short. A number of months ago, my friends received a call from a taxi driver who had been feeding a particular stray dog who hangs out at an industrial area. This taxi driver had been feeding him for months, but while the dog was friendly, he would never let the taxi driver touch/pet him.

One day the taxi driver noticed that some !&%$#&!$ person had tied a wire VERY tightly around the dog's waist. The dog was having trouble sitting, and kept regurgitating whatever food it ate. Naturally the taxi driver was concerned and called for help.

A small group of us went down one night and tried, but failed to attract the dog with food. Two nights later, I went down with another friend who does cat rescue work, and the taxi driver. We laced the dog's food with sedatives, but he refused to lay down and sleep. Instead, he kept walking and walking, all around the huge industrial park area, with us following at a distance. We even spent a few hours sitting inside the grounds of an incineration plant.. Oh the smell~ In the end, we gave up. My friend returned the next day with a professional dog/cat nabber, and managed to get the dog to the vet for medical attention that he so urgently needed.

So what on earth did that story have to do with VDay? Well, this dog was rescued and is now housed at a dog rescue centre. We knew the name of this place but didn't know where it was located. Somehow, or maybe it was the will of the heavens, but we stumbled upon it one day. Lo and behold, we saw that dog! The feeling was wonderful - to see him so happy and well, especially given that we thought we'd never see him again.

So this VDay, both of us pooled some money and bought 3 whole cartons of wet food and donated them to this dog rescue centre.. and that was a really happy VDay

Look at that face! Such a handsome boy... You can also see that darned wire at his waist.

Cutting into his flesh. It was so bad that when the vet removed the wire (dog was sedated), red ants poured out from his wound! His pain must have been unimaginable...

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
??? I can't believe someone would do something like that!!! How is his condition after having the wire removed? Just seeing those pictures is horrid. I'm glad he has been rescued

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

??? I can't believe someone would do something like that!!! How is his condition after having the wire removed? Just seeing those pictures is horrid. I'm glad he has been rescued
He has recovered fully, but he had to have 3 rounds of stitches done because the wound was just too deep. He's beautiful now, you can only see the scarring if you look closely.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know exactly what i'd like to do to the people who did this to him.
i hope they rot in hell.

he is a gorgeous boy and i am so delighted you and the others persisted and saved his life. you are a star!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is awful that someone did that to him... I am glad that he was able to be rescued and that you found out what happened to him!
I had a fun Valentine's Day... I have a friend/acquaintance who owns a pet shop in Hyde Park. She adopted one of my foster kittens Rosalie a month or two ago to be a "shop cat". She wanted to meet my new dog so I brought Bianca and Church (he needed a new harness) along, I also brought two of the kittens I still have from Rosalie's litter so they could have a little reunion. It was really cute to see the kittens back together with their sister, you could tell they recognized each other and they all had fun hanging out together...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll bet the wire was actually a snare someone used to try to catch the dog.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I'll bet the wire was actually a snare someone used to try to catch the dog.
that's just what I was thinking- some kind of trap.
I'm so glad that you guys managed to get him caught and treated at a vet!
Poor fella, looks like a nice dog too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

That is awful that someone did that to him... I am glad that he was able to be rescued and that you found out what happened to him!
I had a fun Valentine's Day... I have a friend/acquaintance who owns a pet shop in Hyde Park. She adopted one of my foster kittens Rosalie a month or two ago to be a "shop cat". She wanted to meet my new dog so I brought Bianca and Church (he needed a new harness) along, I also brought two of the kittens I still have from Rosalie's litter so they could have a little reunion. It was really cute to see the kittens back together with their sister, you could tell they recognized each other and they all had fun hanging out together...
Awww that's so sweet! I'm glad you and the kittens had a great reunion

MRBlanche, Pushylady, that's exactly what local forums were speculating when this story was surfaced. And you know who were the main suspects? The local Agri-food & Veterinarian Authority - yep, the same buggers who run around culling cats, crows and dogs alike. Seems like the wire was meant to snare the dog's neck, but somehow it got caught round his waist and there it remained till he was rescued.

Tab, yes I agree with you. I hope the people who did this to him rot in hell. If the people responsible are really the AVA, I shudder to think how many more stray dogs are out there with wires around various parts of their body!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that poor baby
I am so glad that he is being cared for thanks to you and others he probably would have died. I hope he has a full recovery and gets adopted into a wonderful home.
He's gorgeous!