Smell

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When my late father moved here, he converted the house into a duplex; he lived downstairs and I lived upstairs. Zane moved freely between the two apartments.

His litter box was in the basement. It is one of the "Litter Robot" automated machines, which means that I only had to go down once a week or so to remove the bag.

Father died about two years ago. I'm just getting to the point where I am ready to rent out father's unit. Of course, before that time comes I need to get Zane used to being confined to upstairs. His food is already here, and I have shut up father's unit so that Zane only went to the basement, the foyer, and my apartment.

Just today I moved the Litter Robot up to my unit. I'm not going to confine Zane up here just yet, but once he figures out that everything he needs is up here, I'll do so.

My concern is for the smell. I have a rather sensitive nose. The LR has been up here only a couple of hours and I am already aware of the smell.

What can I do to minimize the odor?

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe switch to a traditional box and scoop twice a day? I'm not familiar with the littermaid boxed, but unless they seal the poop up tight, I imagine I would smell it too. Also are you feeding a decent food? That can be a smell factor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by *Pepper*

Maybe switch to a traditional box and scoop twice a day? I'm not familiar with the littermaid boxed, but unless they seal the poop up tight, I imagine I would smell it too. Also are you feeding a decent food? That can be a smell factor.
http://www.litter-robot.com/