Have you seen this video???

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Is this forever?"
Poor little boy, I've felt that way before!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

"Is this forever?"
Poor little boy, I've felt that way before!
I know! The whole time I'm thinking, I know exactly what he means!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I remember when I went in for my Carpal Tunnel surgery. I decided not to be put all the way under after I learned they stick a tube down your throat. So, I was just about half way out during the surgery. They gave me some medication before the anathesia (or maybe the meds were it?) I just remember after taking them, that I was feeling REALLY good! I remember the surgery in parts...I felt the cutting, I spoke in drivel...

I actually asked them if I could have some of those meds to take home!!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. Poor kid!! I wonder what he had done. My son has had teeth pulled, but never put under anesthesia. I remember when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I was put under part way but wasn't fully awake when my dad took me home. My aunt came to take care of me at my house before taking me to her house (my mom was out of town b/c my grandma had an aneurysm) and I was drooling all over the place. I'm sure I was just like that kid.

What makes me mad, though, is that kid is WAY too young to be in just a seat belt. He totally doesn't fit in it, and if they got into an accident he would fly out of his seat.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is 7 years old... It's ok for him to be in a booster seat...
The funniest part for me was "Is this real life? I.... ummm.... I have uh... two fingers, no four fingers"
Too funny

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that was hilarious! I have a feeling that that kid won't live this video down!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

He is 7 years old... It's ok for him to be in a booster seat...
The funniest part for me was "Is this real life? I.... ummm.... I have uh... two fingers, no four fingers"
Too funny
I don't want to get into a debate, but just b/c it is "legal" doesn't mean he fits in it and should be in it. I used to be a carseat tech, and my son was in a high back booster seat that positioned the seatbelt correctly on his shoulder until he was tall enough to be without it. He was 9 1/2. Some states say it is "legal" for a 4 year old not to have a booster seat anymore, doesn't mean it is right. I changed my original post b/c it is obvious he is not in any kind of booster seat, due to the way he moves around and the position of the seatbelt against his body (or should I say lack thereof?)

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I never would have thought to look at the seat he was in..My 5 year old cousin rides with no booster seat, and no seat belt, has been since he was 4..He refuses to use either, but this is in Europe and neither of those is illegal. He did have a little baby seat when he was baby though, that is required by law. Seat belts are required but only for front seats.
Anyway, it's a funny video though!! Poor kid, he doesn't like what all these drugs are doing to him!

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, the kid is cute. And yes, I think he should definitely be in a booster seat. What bothers me about this, though, is what is wrong with people these days that they think every private moment of their lives has to be put on Youtube? Maybe this kid didn't want his trip home from the dentist to be broadcast to the entire world. Okay, so I'm a partypooper. Can't help it; it's the way I feel.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I don't want to get into a debate, but just b/c it is "legal" doesn't mean he fits in it and should be in it. I used to be a carseat tech, and my son was in a high back booster seat that positioned the seatbelt correctly on his shoulder until he was tall enough to be without it. He was 9 1/2. Some states say it is "legal" for a 4 year old not to have a booster seat anymore, doesn't mean it is right. I changed my original post b/c it is obvious he is not in any kind of booster seat, due to the way he moves around and the position of the seatbelt against his body (or should I say lack thereof?)
If you pay close attention to the video, towards the end, you will see that he is in fact in a booster seat... Check it out -

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something else you might have missed: the car is not moving - watch the windows. That could be one reason why the seat belt is loose like that - my car for example, only tightens the seat belt when the car is in movement...
I agree this is not a debate, but the facts should be noted... the car is parked, and the IS on a booster seat... BTW - it's blue
you can see it on the last second, when the video stops.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he was on laughing gas, considering he was on the dentist... I understand it is customary here in the US... I could be wrong though.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

I think he was on laughing gas, considering he was on the dentist... I understand it is customary here in the US... I could be wrong though.
Ah. As far as I know, I've never had laughing gas at the dentist (or anywhere). My dentist uses articaine and it makes my face feel like rubber!