I'm going to have a shiner.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, chalk this up on my "stupid" list. Last night I was trying to finish things up fast so I could go to bed. I rinsed off dishes with the sprayer so I could put them in the dishwasher. The sprayer is more powerful, but throws water everywhere if I'm not careful. Which I wasn't.

So, I turned around, slipped in water, and came right down on the left side of my face. Now, I did drink a few beers last night, so it hurt but not that bad. Today, I feel like I should put a raw steak on it! DH asked if I wanted to go to the ER and get a X-ray but it's just tender and a little swollen, nothing to be worried about. I just can't WAIT to see what it looks like by Tuesday when I have to go into work!

Tip of the day...do NOT do dishes when you have a good buzz going...it could be hazardous to your health. This is my public service announcement of the day.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Tip of the day...do NOT do dishes when you have a good buzz going...it could be hazardous to your health. This is my public service announcement of the day.

I hope you dont have a shiner.....

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I had to laugh about that! But I do hope the swelling goes down in time for you to go to work..that may be embarrassing!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ow! Lots of vibes that it goes away quickly!!

By the way, why do you do dishes before you do dishes? I never rinse my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, pots included. I scrape the left overs into the trash and put the dish right into the dishwasher. Unless your dishwasher is decades old, you don't have to rinse or wash your dishes before they go into the dishwasher. I bought mine in 1998 and have never had a problem with not rinsing or washing dishes before putting them in. They come out sparkling clean.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Ow! Lots of vibes that it goes away quickly!!

By the way, why do you do dishes before you do dishes? I never rinse my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, pots included. I scrape the left overs into the trash and put the dish right into the dishwasher. Unless your dishwasher is decades old, you don't have to rinse or wash your dishes before they go into the dishwasher. I bought mine in 1998 and have never had a problem with not rinsing or washing dishes before putting them in. They come out sparkling clean.
Thanks for the vibes! As for rinsing the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher
that's just the way my mama taught me. That, and I have a REALLY bad habit of letting dishes pile up and DH has a bad habit of not scraping or rinsing his to begin with so I just HAVE to make sure they are not caked with something before putting them in. I know, if I would get on the ball and do it every night I wouldn't have a black eye right now....but then you guys wouldn't get to hear this story!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you don't have a shiner, but if you do, go for dramatic eye make-up. I had a real doozy last year after Jamie tripped me on the stairs - think deep purple eyelid - and I managed to "balance" it with eye shadow.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I hope you don't have a shiner, but if you do, go for dramatic eye make-up. I had a real doozy last year after Jamie tripped me on the stairs - think deep purple eyelid - and I managed to "balance" it with eye shadow.
LOL, if I show up to work on Tuesday with any makeup on, they will probably die of shock! But, thanks for the suggestion. The bruise is coming out on my cheekbone instead of on my eye, which is better. So, it's not really a shiner.

DH and I are supposed to go out tonight when he gets home. I'm going to actually use "full" makeup tonight and hope blush covers it up.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think I'll go buy a 6 pack.

Seriously, I hope your poor face heals up nicely and doesn't cause you too much pain.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow you do get into some interesting situations don't you!

RE rinsing the dishes before you put them in the dishwasher it's a good idea - it helps keep your dishwasher clear of scum/crumbs and keeps it much cleaner.
I work in a commercial kitchen and have to clean the dishwasher so trust me

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think you just proved that Comic Book Guy on the Simpsons is really a genius. He has always said "Beer is the necter of the nitwit". Please don't take offense to that. I would probably have done the same thing. I think though its time to switch to wine or hard liquor

What surprised me the most was that your DH offered to take you to the ER. Most men I know would just hand you a steak and tell you to walk it off.

One thing though is be prepaired for people to look at your face and look at your DH with the look that just ask, "Did he do that?"

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

lol, oh my goodness! Between this and the super glue christmas ornament you sure get into a lot of trouble
Oh hon, I haven't even BEGUN to share some of my more stupid moments.
DH says if I'm not good for anything else (housework, etc), I at least have my amusement factor going for me! I'm just one of those people that are accident prone, usually through some stupidity of my own. (of course, in this case it WASN'T my fault...it was Coor's Light...think I can sue?
)

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
vibes for you

It reminds me of a time when i went on vacation to Ibiza (island off of spain),
and i went to this foam party and got pretty drunk. Well when the foam starting pouring on the dancfloor it was so much fun, until it started going over my head, i panicked and started choking, then i slipped and fell on the floor and a guy had to drag me out, and somehow i ended up with a black eye. Well i was on vacation and there was no way i was going to hide out in my hotel room, so i was stuck walking around with a black eye. I didnt even care, i kinda just pretended it wasnt there!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

vibes for you

It reminds me of a time when i went on vacation to Ibiza (island off of spain),
and i went to this foam party and got pretty drunk. Well when the foam starting pouring on the dancfloor it was so much fun, until it started going over my head, i panicked and started choking, then i slipped and fell on the floor and a guy had to drag me out, and somehow i ended up with a black eye. Well i was on vacation and there was no way i was going to hide out in my hotel room, so i was stuck walking around with a black eye. I didnt even care, i kinda just pretended it wasnt there!
Now THAT would be worth a black eye!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, I'll have a Shiner, too!

Oh...wait...you were talking about a black eye, not a Shiner Bock!

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My neighbor fell down in the middle of the night last year while she was having balance problems and ended up with the classic black eye. I didn't want to walk around with her in public for about a month because I knew everyone who saw us together would assume I had hit her.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I saw the title of your post I thought you meant that you were going to have a Shiner. (Shiner is the National beer of Texas unless you are Hank Hill and drink Alamo which does not exist.) But guess you already had some other type of beer. Sorry!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

When I saw the title of your post I thought you meant that you were going to have a Shiner. (Shiner is the National beer of Texas unless you are Hank Hill and drink Alamo which does not exist.) But guess you already had some other type of beer. Sorry!
LOL, since when is Texas a "nation"? Oh, wait...I forgot we're talking about Texas.
"American by birth, Texan by the grace of God", right?

Ok, send one up my way...I'm not picky!