Meet Mr No Name

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He only arrived at 7.30 last night, so still doesn't have a name. Yet another painfully thin male cat, i hope his thinness is due to not having decent meals recently, and not health issues like the last two. He is a white and black cat, but less black than Kiz, and his white bits are a bit grey at the moment. Very friendly, and the poor thing couldnt decide what to eat first when given a bowl of wet and a bowl of dry last night, he kept flitting between the two till i mixed them. He then went and slept on the carpet, so I put a fleecy blanket down cos he didn't want to sleep in front of the rad - I think he would have been happy with the carpet, it is better than what he is used to. Not sure on age yet, might pop him to the vets on Thurs to be scanned, but will see, might give him a bit longer to settle first. Pics to follow

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Strictly speaking, I shouldn't have, as I have a long weekend in a few weeks, and over my comfortable limit, but couldnt leave him outside either!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pics - not great as he is more interested in fuss or food, but can't blame the poor soul, wtih how thin he is, he obviously hasn't had a lot of either recently. Am trying him with Valentino for now, and see how he responds

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, that poor boy is so skinny. I'm glad he's safe and sound with you now. Bless you for taking him in.
He looks like a Valentino.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

pics - not great as he is more interested in fuss or food, but can't blame the poor soul, wtih how thin he is, he obviously hasn't had a lot of either recently. Am trying him with Valentino for now, and see how he responds
He is soooo skinny!!! Poor baby... really you did the right thing. I don't think he would have survived outside too much longer.

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
God Bless you for taking him in!! He will be a happy loved guy with you!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks - I took more pics last night that made me cry, he looks thinner on them. His mouth isn't great, and he is a bit off his food today, his tummy is grumbling, but not eaten much more than a few biscuits and some cat milk. Him and Sam have proper chicken for their tea though, and if he is still reluctant, I shall get the a/d out, and see if the vet can see him tomorrow.

Thanks for the good wishes, I hope it is just a dodgy mouth and lack of food and that he will soon put weight on, but even if not, at least he is now off the street in a warm room with plenty of food and love - and he loves the fact he can sit on my knee!! He has been so severely let down by humans, yet still has enough in him to trust me and want fusses, it really does show how trusting cats can be, and did bring a tear to my eye.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He had some diarrhea yesterday, which I have been expecting since Fri actually (I know my mum gave him milk and tuna on Fri), so he is on some bland food at the mo, which he isn't too happy about!! He doesn't have a chip, but he does have some incredibly bad teeth, they wanted me to book him in last night for them, but I want to a - give his tum some time to settle, and b - some time on good food to see if his general condition improves first, but it will probably be in the next week or so - both rescue and vet said 'you know how to pick them' - yet another dental to pay for though, which isnt good, he is going to need pre-op bloods. Still not sure on an age, but definitely old.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweetheart he is! Amazing how they can still trust even after being let down by humans so often. Bless you! Please keep us updated

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He really is a love, and he is eating well, so hopefully we can delay that dental by a week or so, but I have a long weekend away in a couple of weeks, i think I might have to get it done before then.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

he loves the fact he can sit on my knee!! He has been so severely let down by humans, yet still has enough in him to trust me and want fusses, it really does show how trusting cats can be, and did bring a tear to my eye.
Oh, that breaks my heart more than anything! You know they've been through so much but they still know you'll take care of them. Sometimes they show up here and they're SO thin and SO hungry, but they still want me to pet them more then they want food and if I stop petting they stop eating. They're so sweet and innocent.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks - tum's gone loose again overnight (he doesn't like Hills or RC Sensitive though), and his tummy grumbles quite a lot. He clearly wants some food, but is struggling with supermeat today (or he doesn't like the flavour), and he isn't wanting biscuits anymore, even though I suspect that is what he is used to. He did manage his plate of chicken last night though, but I am nearly out of it, so will have to go to the supermarket for some more, and I think I will book him in for his dental asap, in case that is the issue, and he will have bloods taken first, so if there is something more sinister, we will find out then - I dont want to book him in for bloods in advance as if they aren't too bad and he can have a dental, it will mean starving him twice, and he doesn't have the reserves for that.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks - tum's gone loose again overnight (he doesn't like Hills or RC Sensitive though), and his tummy grumbles quite a lot. He clearly wants some food, but is struggling with supermeat today (or he doesn't like the flavour), and he isn't wanting biscuits anymore, even though I suspect that is what he is used to. He did manage his plate of chicken last night though, but I am nearly out of it, so will have to go to the supermarket for some more, and I think I will book him in for his dental asap, in case that is the issue, and he will have bloods taken first, so if there is something more sinister, we will find out then - I dont want to book him in for bloods in advance as if they aren't too bad and he can have a dental, it will mean starving him twice, and he doesn't have the reserves for that.
What about PLAIN baby food - you know - nothing but cooked chicken or turkey and water, a touch of salt. Nice and soft if his mouth is bad... very bland so it shouldn't upset his tum. plain boiled chicken with plain boiled rice is also good for a dodgy tum, I understand. All mashed up with some chicken broth... I think of this boy as a sick child....

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't get plain baby food in the UK - I do have a/d in, just not used it yet. He will eat chicken, so got permission to buy some and give the receipts in, and his dental is booked for next Tues, so fingers crossed for then.