Little Poseur Aya at 15 weeks

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally snagged a good pic of the little rascal w/out a flash making her look like gangsta kitty! Looks like a miniature cat now more than a kitten. We've now mastered the trick of arranging ourself so we're irresistably cute, so that we can get what we want out of 'mommy'.

She's finally letting me pet her some now (mostly after she's had all the playing she can handle -whew!). I'd like to think we're slowly winning the 'don't bite' war, but the last time I said that we had a 'chomp on mommy' fest the next day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

She's adorable. I love her ears!
THX! She's um, how do you say 'all ears' (okay bad pun). This is my 1st kitten experience, so i'm a little unsure of growth and development type things, but it stikes me as odd that she's only 4mos old and roughly 1.5 kilos, but her ears are nearly as big as my adult cat's are.

Does this mean she's going to be Dumbo, or will she grow into them?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lyrajean

THX! She's um, how do you say 'all ears' (okay bad pun). This is my 1st kitten experience, so i'm a little unsure of growth and development type things, but it stikes me as odd that she's only 4mos old and roughly 1.5 kilos, but her ears are nearly as big as my adult cat's are.

Does this mean she's going to be Dumbo, or will she grow into them?
She'll grow into them - infact there was an interesting thread on here about a kitten being so big already (I think it was Utopia's, Jake) and Laureen227 posted some photos of her cat Cable who had HUGE ears when she was a baby - Ok I found the thread and I'll stop rambling now

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187234

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the link...

I keep wondering what kind of cat she'll be... She was a real fuzz ball, so at first I thought she was going to be a long hair, but she's clearly a shortie now.

Most of the street cats here are smallish, I'm not sure how much is genetics vs. malnutrition.

She does seem to be shaping up to be one of those leaner more Oriental/Siamese shaped cats with a triangle head, but clearly she is a mutt so anything goes.

poppy0109

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's so adorable!

Poppy's about 12 weeks old and he constantly wants to bite my fingers, so I'm constantly redirecting with toys. Also, when he's snuggling my face and neck, he'll be licking me then suddenly he'll bite. Ouch! Hopefully soon our babies will learn.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lyrajean

Thanks for the link...

I keep wondering what kind of cat she'll be... She was a real fuzz ball, so at first I thought she was going to be a long hair, but she's clearly a shortie now.

Most of the street cats here are smallish, I'm not sure how much is genetics vs. malnutrition.

She does seem to be shaping up to be one of those leaner more Oriental/Siamese shaped cats with a triangle head, but clearly she is a mutt so anything goes.
Yeah when they're babies the Shorthair cats have longer hairs on their body called "Guard hairs" it can be quite deceiving really.