Sick of everything

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am just sick of life. No one wants to be my friend anymore, not even mr jinx. He has been cleared of all sickness, yet, he still hisses and attacks me, it is as if he no longer wants anything to do with me. He was sadly, the last friend I had. Now, he is just like all the others. I am going to be taking him to the humane society tomorrow, as I no longer see any need for him as he is starting to treat me like crap for no reason. It is as if he no longer cares.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like the long PA winter is getting you down. I don't know why Mr. Jinx would hiss at you, unless it was displaced aggression about a cat he has seen outside, but cats are very bad about explaining this sort of thing to us. We have to do a little detective work and see if we can't solve the problem. I hope you don't give up on him; it sounds like he was special to you at one time, at least.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yeah, he was, it seems lately, he has started being a jerk for no reason. I can no longer see wasting money on food and stuff for him, he even but me the other day when he never has. I have had him for almost 5 years. I am about ready to toss him into the cold outside right now...one more time hissing at me, he is going out for good...WITHOUT the nametag OR collar

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that's a little harsh. Good thing you don't have kids, huh?

Seriously, he may have some other problem.

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He can go and fight all the cats he wants...He just better not come back around here

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
sounds like you are very frustrated.. and venting. please do not dump him out in the cold. Shut him out of your room for the nite and take a break.. perhaps thats all you need.

If you still feel the same in the morning, well at least at the shelter he wont be hit by car, shot, poisoned, freeze to death, or mauled by another animal. I know you may not care at the moment, but you may care later.

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Quite frankly, the way I feel from getting bit by him, he is dead to me already

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScottF

I am about ready to toss him into the cold outside right now...one more time hissing at me, he is going out for good...WITHOUT the nametag OR collar

Right now, he doesnt deserve to sleep on my bed

He can go and fight all the cats he wants...He just better not come back around here
This probably isn't the best place to say such things.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! That's not very nice, poor Mr Jinx. I don't know the whole story, but my heart goes out to the poor kitty. Something must be upsetting him, maybe he feels your vibes towards him. Just don't let him go loose to fend for himself, take him back to the shelter so that he has a chance for a happy home to call his own. I would take him if I was closer, at least as a foster, so I could find him a home.

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

This probably isn't the best place to say such things.
I agree.. if you had been a new member, people would probably automatically assume that you are a troll looking to get people riled up.. but it shows that youve been here at least 2 years, and I did not see such negativity from any of your other posts that I've read.

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

Oh my! That's not very nice, poor Mr Jinx. I don't know the whole story, but my heart goes out to the poor kitty. Something must be upsetting him, maybe he feels your vibes towards him. Just don't let him go loose to fend for himself, take him back to the shelter so that he has a chance for a happy home to call his own. I would take him if I was closer, at least as a foster, so I could find him a home.
I have given him a home for the past five years since he was 6 months old and now he is treating me like crap...I dont know why...at this point I dont really care, I just know I am sick of being treated like crap....humans animals and to a lesser degree than animals or humans...cops

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the best thing for Mr Jinx is for you to take him to the humane society where he can at least be treated humanely. Putting him out in the cold is not the answer. Mr Jinx is just a cat, if he's been sick he may still be upset, he's not purposefully taking things out on you, he's just a cat who cannot tell you how he's feeling other than acting out. Perhaps a little more patience and understanding might be in order? If I had a dollar for everyone time one of my cats bit me or scratched me for whatever reason I'd be rich. Cats don't take it upon themselves to be "jerks" for no reason

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I have given him a home for the past five years since he was 6 months old and now he is treating me like crap...I dont know why...at this point I dont really care, I just know I am sick of being treated like crap....humans animals and to a lesser degree than animals or humans...cops
Sounds like You and Mr Jinx may both be suffering from a little displaced anger.

Animals do things for a reason.. it doesnt always make sence to us, but it does to them. Biting and hissing doesnt mean that he doesnt like you, but he may be trying to tell you something else. Can you imagine how frustrating it must be to try to tell someone something and they dont seem to listen or understand?

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It used to be where he would slap me on the shoulder to get me to pet him, he would sit on my lap, he used to sit on my chest to get my attention, he used curl up next to me when I slept. Now, when I want to pet him, he hisses at me and attacks me...its like he hates me

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Im just getting tired of being treated like crap
Don't take it so personally. cat's will be cats, they can't communicate like people can. You have to interperate what they are trying to tell you. My Siam bit me all the time, he was super sensative to stimulation on his body. He would want to be loved, jump on my lap to be petted but when he was done...he was done. His tail would whip and I knew I was in for a nip. But I loved him and I miss him every day. He died of malignant lymphoma at the age of 2 1/2. Cherish your kitty and LET him have his personality, even if it doesn't fit what you want from a cat. You can't force him to be what you want him to be, just like you have to accept a person that you love for the person that they are, Have some patience!

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its just that for the past 5 years, he was always sweet and laid back, suddenly, he seems to hate me. I dont know why

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
a suddun personality change indicates that something is wrong.

Any recent changes? Change in routine? A move? New pet?

Possibly health problems?

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He had a UTI last month, but it has cleared up. I have not moved, there are no new pets.