TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › CEO of peanut plant knew it was contaminated
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CEO of peanut plant knew it was contaminated

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29142146/

I guess they found emails during the investigation that he knew the supply had tested possitive for salmonella. He still decided to send it out anyway instead of taking the loss and starting over.

I think he needs to be severly punished for this. People have died and gotten very sick. This just discust me.
post #2 of 17
OMG! He knew that tests showed positive?
post #3 of 17
This is very disturbing. He should have criminal charges brought against him for manslaughter and reckless endangerment. He should be put in prison and have all of his assets taken from him. Lets see how this turns out. I'm willing to bet he gets his hands slapped and they give him a early retirement. Corporate America is getting away with way to much and it needs to stop.
post #4 of 17
I was listening to npr yesterday and they said he is on trial already but decided not to answer any questions and take the 5th..
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ut0pia View Post
I was listening to npr yesterday and they said he is on trial already but decided not to answer any questions and take the 5th..
Incredible. What a scumbag. His prison fare should be those tainted peanuts he sent out.
post #6 of 17
If he lived in China they would have sentenced him to death.
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbycats View Post
This is very disturbing. He should have criminal charges brought against him for manslaughter and reckless endangerment. He should be put in prison and have all of his assets taken from him. Lets see how this turns out. I'm willing to bet he gets his hands slapped and they give him a early retirement. Corporate America is getting away with way to much and it needs to stop.
Very sad, but probably true.
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ut0pia View Post
I was listening to npr yesterday and they said he is on trial already but decided not to answer any questions and take the 5th..
He had absolutely no business refusing to answer any questions. That was soooo disgusting!!! He even looks like a scumbag, and I really think this guy needs to be sent to prision for the rest of his life. And btw, I'm scared to death to eat peanut butter or anything else that has even the smallest amount of peanuts in it.
post #9 of 17
I haven't eaten peanut products since all of this. What makes me really mad, is that products that have been recalled are still on the shelves.
post #10 of 17
What infuriates me to no end is that those products were sent out to schools and daycares!

I think his sentence should be to eat gobs of the salmonella tained peanut butter.

Did you hear that the peanut plant filed for bankruptcy today to keep from being liable for all the deaths it caused?

WTH???
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
Did you hear that the peanut plant filed for bankruptcy today to keep from being liable for all the deaths it caused?
OMG!!!! That is unbelieveably horrible!!!
post #12 of 17
Yes, I heard that on the new this morning and my first thought was that it was strictly a move to avoid the lawsuits and other financial consequences. But I agree with the others that laws were violated and there should be prosecution. I don't know whether it will be civil or criminal. Criminal, I hope, but I don't know what laws are involved. I agree time behind bars is in order. Like one poster said, in China this guy would be executed, and that's no exaggeration, because it has happened. I don't think they execute the right people. Just some flunky who takes the rap. But here, it's pretty obvious who's responsible.
post #13 of 17
Bankruptcy will not protect them from liability, both legal and civil. Any lawsuits filed will be considered by a bankruptcy judge, and it will keep them from liqidating any assets.

My wife once worked for a bottled water company. She was fired for bringing a failed bacterial test to the attention of the owner. This was 30 years ago.

I just checked, and the company is still in business.
post #14 of 17
Bummer. That was long before the "whistle-blower" law; not that that's made all that much of an improvement, but at least now there's some protection for people who have the courage of their convictions.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
My wife once worked for a bottled water company. She was fired for bringing a failed bacterial test to the attention of the owner. This was 30 years ago.

I just checked, and the company is still in business.
That kind of indifference just makes my blood boil! Where's the mad smiley when I need it??? :P
post #16 of 17
Here's some for you:



Just click on [More] under Smilies & scroll down.
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieBoy View Post
Here's some for you:



Just click on [More] under Smilies & scroll down.

I like that first one PookieBoy. I will always think of you screaming about Rush Limbaugh when I see that "argh" smilie.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › CEO of peanut plant knew it was contaminated