My cat is trying to kill my fiance!

siameseluver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My snowshoe Siamese, Badger, is such a handful. Now he is stalking and trying to kill my fiance! Yesterday, my fiance was coming out of the bedroom and didn't notice Badger was hiding on the bookshelf. Out of nowhere, Badger leaps from the bookshelf onto his head! Also, whenever he is in the kitchen, Badger leaps on his back. My fiance says he's going to file a restraining order on Badger...I think it's kinda funny.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's just trying to play!

If you think he's seriously attacking your fiancee, though, it may be that he is sensing something 'off' about him. Has your fiancee been to the doctor? It may be that he is ill and it has changed his scent.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by siameseluver

My snowshoe Siamese, Badger, is such a handful. Now he is stalking and trying to kill my fiance! Yesterday, my fiance was coming out of the bedroom and didn't notice Badger was hiding on the bookshelf. Out of nowhere, Badger leaps from the bookshelf onto his head! Also, whenever he is in the kitchen, Badger leaps on his back. My fiance says he's going to file a restraining order on Badger...I think it's kinda funny.
How old is Badger? Sounds like a fun cat (as long as it is not my head he is jumping on!)

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is serious, but could you try and record these happeneings?

My guess is something has changed in you home and since your cat loves yopu most, he has to take it out on your fiance. he might smell different too, like suggested already. try having your fiance feeding him a few times.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Although it may sound cute (especially the restraining order), I wouldn't take this behavior lightly.......... He very well could be play hunting, but the fact that he is jumping onto his head and back is very dominant and disrespectful. It could progress to when he is sleeping and/or become physical. This behavior should be discouraged immediately.
I don't know how serious you were by saying he is attacking him, but I would discourage any unprovoked, aggressive behavior.........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siameseluver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't changed anything in the house that I can recall...Badger is very playful with my fiance for some reason. He will be a year old at the end of April. He sleeps on his chest at night and wakes him up by giving him kisses on his nose. He just gets very playful at times and we both think it's kinda funny. He is great kitty. I posted a while ago about how he saved our lives by waking us up one night and our apartment was full of smoke...the upstairs tenant was drunk and passed out while trying to make something to eat. The fire department came and everything. Because of that, we are kind of lenient with Badger!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I haven't changed anything in the house that I can recall...Badger is very playful with my fiance for some reason. He will be a year old at the end of April. He sleeps on his chest at night and wakes him up by giving him kisses on his nose. He just gets very playful at times and we both think it's kinda funny. He is great kitty. I posted a while ago about how he saved our lives by waking us up one night and our apartment was full of smoke...the upstairs tenant was drunk and passed out while trying to make something to eat. The fire department came and everything. Because of that, we are kind of lenient with Badger!
He sounds like a wonderful cat! IMHO he is just playing. Sounds like he ADORES your fiance. Remember that at 10 mos old he is still a kitten. He is trying to play with your fiance as he would another cat. Jumping on him, trying to pin him, etc. I see brother cats roughhouse this way. In fact, we had a couple of siblings who were playing the game: JUMP ON MY BROTHER'S HEAD; BITE HIS EARS.

Does your fiance rough-house with Badger? If so, Badge thinks that's the way to go.

If you are really worried ... or he is.... remove the cat when he does that, tell him NO! and distract him with something else... or don't give him any attention. Another option ... is for your fiance to hiss at him or squeal/say ouch!! and hiss... letting Badger know in cat talk that he is not enjoying the encounter.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I totally remember that post! Badger is a hero
! Now I understand where you are coming from........
Do I hear a hint of jealousy?
Just kidding!!!!!!!!!

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is your fiance living with you? Did you have Badger before he moved in? I remember years ago, 13 years or so, I started to spend a lot of time at DHs house. His cat TyeDye was okay at first but after about 2 weeks of me being there everynight she started to act weird to me. It all escalated when I tried to come down the stairs in the dark and she tried to trip me. Before I came around it was just him and her. She saw me as a threat, kind of the way a kid sees the new BF or GF a threat to their divorced parents. It sounds odd but its true. He had to grab her and tell her I was there to stay. A few weeks later she was sleeping on my lap.

Badger may just be reacting to him being there and you giving your attention to someone else. The fire situation would have been the same if you had been home alone. He sees you as his partner/parent. Now he has someone else to compete with. Youe need to show Badger that no matter what you still love him and he is #1 kitty.

Plus Badger is a boy, you fiance is a boy. I think the table has turned. You are out numbered. You need a girl kitty asap.