Keller has gotten mean!

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keller has started terrorizing Zeus. She chases him around and smacks him. She is not playing and I don't know what has gotten into her. Any ideas what I should do? He is so completely laid back he won't stand up to her. He runs and hides but she still stalks him, finds him, and attacks him.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sound exactly like Nemo and Princess.....Princess wll run across the room, attack Nemo andf then run away ???And if Nemo chases her back...thinking it is a game! she hisses and swats him hard! He looks so hurt and confused

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It sounds like my Molly and Lele. Molly is bigger then Lele. I think they pick on the ones they know can't fight back very well. I haven't found an answer for that one either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Is she spayed?
She is going to be spayed on the 27th. Is that why? I am hoping she will be less cranky after being spayed.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I would think it is because she is not spayed.
Well that is no way to catch a boyfriend...JUST KIDDING! Hopefully an attitude adjustment occurs after her spay.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

She is going to be spayed on the 27th. Is that why? I am hoping she will be less cranky after being spayed.
It sounds like she is coming of age! When she is spayed, remember, there isn't always an immediate change, it may take a few months. Also giving her space to heal and watching how your other kitties react when she comes back home after spay is important. When they return home after a surgery such as, they have a different scent. This may cause rejection from the others at first.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is actually 3 yrs old but I hope it doesn't mean she is coming back into heat. I would hate to have to postpone her spay again. My husband lost his job and we are in the process of moving to a place 1/2 the size. We have to use the low cost clinic and they won't spay when she is in heat.