I am sick any suggestions

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well i woke up Tuesday morning to a nasty sore throat and cough,i have until Monday the 16th to get rid of this cold,any suggestions?I have neo-citron,benylin,tea i am not sure what else to try,I have had lots of rest and sleep.I have surgery on Tues.17th and being sick can bump it back after a very long wait for this.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelic00

Well i woke up Tuesday morning to a nasty sore throat and cough,i have until Monday the 16th to get rid of this cold,any suggestions?I have neo-citron,benylin,tea i am not sure what else to try,I have had lots of rest and sleep.I have surgery on Tues.17th and being sick can bump it back after a very long wait for this.
Oh gosh! I'm in the same boat as you...but my cold started earlier though thank goodness.. My surgery is also on the 17th.

I've been drowning it with fluids (water and OJ) lots of sleep and running a humidifier 24 hours a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been trying everything to get rid of this.I have a birthday party tonight at karaoke i would not go except it is my mothers.I love karaoke and it sucks not being able to sing

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
besides the usual fluids and rest?

Gurlge mouthwash several times a day.. this will help kill any bacteria in your mouth and throat.

Also anytime you get over a cold or flu of any kind, toss your toothbrush and get a new one, so you are not re-infecting yourself.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oregano oil products have been used as an anti-viral, anti-fungal, (yeast and candida problems), anti-microbial, and an anti-tissue agent, meaning it halts coughs and eases spasticity of the lung tubules.

Oregano essential oil has also been used as a mucolytic, (it helps thin mobilized mucous), anti-spasmodic, (eases tightness and spasms of muscles, and anti-parasitic
http://www.oiloforegano.com/

seriously, try it. Tastes like crap, but if you mix it in OJ, in a shot glass and just gulp it, you don't taste it. Even my kids will take it

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
liquid Tylenol cold nightime medicine is my savior when im sick.

emergen-C powder is something I take everyday and three times a day when sick.

the most important things to to get are sleep and vitamin c and water

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive heard good things about the product called "Airborne".. but its really more effective if taken as soon as you notice symptoms. A friend of mine is a school teacher, and he is exposed often to bugs.. he highly reccommends this product.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the suggestions and i already have a toothbrush handy(plus i wanted a new one for hospital stay