What's the oddest thing you've recently web searched?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished looking up how to embalm a body. I got the idea from an episode of Criminal Minds where the unsub embalmed his victims. So I decided to look it up

What's the strangest thing you've recently did a web search on?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Strangest? Depends on what someone considers strange. The last thing I looked for on google was "elevated nerve growth factor autonomic".

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Apparently it was "Turkish underground city" .... yeah .... I was really really bored and decided to look up ancient cities.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been looking up subjects related to Non dominant hand abilities and their relation to neuroscience.

I also plan on looking to see if the clip of Garth Brooks on SNL from the 90's is on the internet

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Death masks. I saw a photo that Sam had shown of Ned Kelly's death mask and so I started looking around for other death masks. They are certainly fascinating.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much, but I do periodically research anal leakage because of Kitty's problems.
If anyone is monitering my computer theyd think i was weird.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I just finished looking up how to embalm a body. I got the idea from an episode of Criminal Minds where the unsub embalmed his victims. So I decided to look it up

What's the strangest thing you've recently did a web search on?
And why were we researching THAT, Madam???
Are you planning something?

Mine is probably something like, "How to make reproduction 18th C. cut-cloth stockings", or something similar. It may also be, "Cheese-making at home."

Actually, it could just as easily be something like the embalming. I have a morbid interest in forensics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

And why were we researching THAT, Madam???
Are you planning something?

Mine is probably something like, "How to make reproduction 18th C. cut-cloth stockings", or something similar. It may also be, "Cheese-making at home."

Actually, it could just as easily be something like the embalming. I have a morbid interest in forensics.
I was curious about the process. It was quite fascinating actually

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I one time actually googled "how to tell if a guy is interested"

This was back in the trying "Bluey" days though. Shame on me eh?

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have also googled about gender disorders such as hermaphrodites.. there's another similar disorder, that I forget the name.. outward appearance is female, but the male organs are inside the pelvic area.

I also tried to google on how to become a test subject for pharmacuitical companies and also to see if I could sell my body to science (someone told me you can sell your body now as a cadavor, collect the cash, and they collect the body at a later date when you pass away).. I didnt have much luck with these searches.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nekkiddoglady

I also tried to google on how to become a test subject for pharmacuitical companies
The general way that I know of for people to get in on these studies is to look for individual medical universities and the larger clinics (like Mayo). I know of how I could possibly get in on studies, that if I was closer - probably would as there are some drugs being tested for FDA approval in the US that could probably really help me (one has been around for 25 year in Japan so it should be safe!). These sort of studies always need completely healthy controls, so just keep looking if you truly want to be part of them.

No idea how you'd get in on pharmaceutical company drug trials - personally I think actually helping a medical university would be better.

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
considering how much I dont like needles, it ultimatly is not something I'd do.. I did this search when I was younger and going thru a phase of looking for alternative ways to make money.. aside from that I also checked out selling my eggs, and surrogacy pregnancy. Since I didnt have kids, I wasnt a candidate for egg donation or surrogacy tho.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

considering how much I dont like needles, it ultimatly is not something I'd do.. I did this search when I was younger and going thru a phase of looking for alternative ways to make money.. aside from that I also checked out selling my eggs, and surrogacy pregnancy. Since I didnt have kids, I wasnt a candidate for egg donation or surrogacy tho.
Ok, the selling eggs and surrogacy ideas kind of give me the willies - but then no one could pay me to suffer either.

Not all studies require blood to be drawn. I can think of several I've read where the body's physical response to test is measured - changes in heart rate, blood pressure, and respiration for example, though a lot of these relate to the autonomic nervous system (which is mostly what I search for medical info on).

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im sure some would at least require bloodwork to check things like liver function and thyroid, at least before beginning the test.

You can get up to $3,000-5,000 per egg... surrogate pregnancies pay you around $10,000

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Im sure some would at least require bloodwork to check things like liver function and thyroid, at least before beginning the test.
I would hope most people already have at least their thyroid checked. Like with cats, some things need to be checked because it's not that uncommon for people to have problems with them.

I've had a lot of blood drawn. If it's a big problem for you ask for a smaller needle to be use, don't look, and hope that you get someone who's really good at drawing blood - one bad draw doesn't mean it will always hurt or bruise the same. No one should let a little fear/dislike potentially put them at risk for not catching a health issue early enough to treat it.

You can get up to $3,000-5,000 per egg... surrogate pregnancies pay you around $10,000
...still creepy to me.
I wonder how often there's complications with collecting eggs?...

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont get my thryroid and such checked regularly.

we are going abit off topic.. to get back on track...

Not a web search, but I've gone on Wiki and looked up different designer dog breeds.....ok not a weird search, but weird intentions.. so I could edit the information..
I changed all the lies about them being healthy, non shedding and hypo-allergenic "hybrids" to the truth about them being nothing more than over priced mutts.. Im sure someone has edited it since then.