My little silly sweetum ..is it just me or is he too big for his age?

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I'm flooding pics today lol..I hope I don't annoy anyone!! I am just in a picture taking mood and I want to share

Here is Jake being silly, apparently he loves going inside bags, here in my school bag:

And in the barnes and noble bag where I shopped earlier:

Well meowmy, one day I just got big and tried to jump in my litter box but jumped on top instead!! It's no my fault....
BTW look at this pic: do u think he is too big for his age? He is only 15 weeks about to turn 4 months ...and look at what a beast he is already lol

He wuvs to drink water like his humans, although his head can barely fit in the glass:

cute little nose up

Weave me awone wiv dat fwashy thing meowmy, I'm sweeping:

My boyfriend's kitty is 4 and her ears and paws are smaller than Jake's ..Is he going to be a monster? hehe I wuv him no matter what! Just wondering if it's just me or if he really is slightly big boned for a cat.I don't know much about cats, he is my first one and I'm sure i've seen many but never paid much attention to how big they are lol

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
now, Cable's female, so that makes a difference - but her ears were HUGE as a kitten! really concerned me i'd end up w/a monster cat...but no, she's actually smaller than 2 of my others.
just to give you an idea...

i've since decided she's just a big-eared cat - Jake may be, as well.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, he does look big for his age. You can ask the vet.

Is he long-haired? If so, maybe he has some Maine Coon in his background, which may account for his size. They are big cats. Friends have a purebred and he's 20 pounds give or take a few ounces.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww she's cute..I was thinking that some cats do have bigger ears, like some breeds have huge ears,etc. I think he is also big boned though...We'll wait and see how much he grows

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think that "big for his age" is a relative term. For a small cat, he is. For a Ragdoll or Maine Coon or other big breed, he may be small. I think he's just the right size for Jake to be at his age.
But yeah, he probably will be a big boy when he's done growing! Big and cute and full of loves!

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's going to be a big boy for sure! But he's so handsome and a sweetie from the way you talk about him!

My Mulder is 10 months and 14lbs but he still walks all over me like he thinks he still weighs 2lbs!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone

Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

My Mulder is 10 months and 14lbs but he still walks all over me like he thinks he still weighs 2lbs!
I am worried Jake will continue to do this too haha he is already a little heavy when he is sitting on my stomach anddesides to jump onto something higher from there...Lol he drives me crazy at 5-6 am every morning, walking on top of me.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Gus is cute
They do look alike, maybe even more so when Jake becomes an adult...Is Gus a brown tabby and white?? Cuz that's what Jake is, I think although he looks much darker than brown.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Awww Gus is cute
They do look alike, maybe even more so when Jake becomes an adult...Is Gus a brown tabby and white?? Cuz that's what Jake is, I think although he looks much darker than brown.
I would call him a brown tabbie with white.
Gus is about 18 months old. He seems to still be growing.
He the largest cat I have ever had. People always say what did you feed him. He's huge

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And if you want to get picky, he's a brown mackerel tabby with white--just like my Ziggy. Ziggy is also big-- 12-13 pounds, which is large for a wirehair.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he is going to be huge
Some cats just have big ears too, like my Holly. We alwasy joke that one day shes going to fly away with them