what are you doing for Vday??

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im really glad its on a weekend this year. Me and BF are going out for a nice dinner, he finally decided what he wanted for Vday, a gaming mouse for his computer. So im going to take him and let him pick it out. Then we decided either a movie or bowling. Im going to bring up ice skating that day, i think its so romantic.

what is everyone else up to?

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't ice skate at all. I fell on my knee once. Ouch! I do enjoy bowling.

We are going out to eat and to a movie. Possibly Olive Garden and to see Gran Torino.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are doing homework and cleaning house.

We are so romantic...

Actually we went to Red Lobster yesterday because we did not want to try to eat out at a nice place this weekend, because everything is always SO crowded. It was AMAZING. I have been there many times and the food has truly never been that good. We had a wonderful day.

So on Saturday we are pretending it is just another day and doing homework and housework. We pretended yesterday was V-Day.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the afternoon we are going to a movie, I've convinced my bf to watch "Confessions of a shopaholic" with me!! Isn't he sweet??
Then we have made a reservation for a really nice restaurant. I am going to wear a really pretty red and black dress..and i'm making him dress nice as well
It will be a lovely evening, after which we will probably watch another movie at his house that we will rent..The reservation we made was for 9:30 because everything was already booked earlier...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dh and I will get take out (don't care for the crowded restaurants) and then play Mario Karts on the wii. We got ourselves that and outdoor adventure as our gifts to eachother. We were just going the candy route; but we really wanted those games.

I have a friend who's a waitress and can't wait to work valentine's day this year. She's a single mom, in nursing school, so she is looking forward to the tips she says!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing special. Probably just some laundry.

Valentine's Day is a sad day for me. It's the anniversary of my Mother's death. It was a long time ago but it completely ruined any meaning that Valentine's Day ever had for me except to be a day of sadness.

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
spending a quiet evening at home with my daughter.. well about as quiet as a 5 week old baby can get anyways! Daddy will be at work that nite.

Maybe we will alll snuggle together on the bed and watch the House episodes that I have on the DVR

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm planning to go shopping, then movie & dinner w/a friend [girlfriend, platonic]. she said it certainly would be far less stressful than many previous valentine's day dates she'd been on!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing this year. Usually we go out to dinner the night before, to avoid all the crowds. But this year we're going to his parents house Saturday morning, so we got stuff to do around the apartment. We might get Chinese takeout for lunch tomorrow though.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep in mind that most nice places to eat are already booked for V-day so you might have a hard time finding a place with no reservations.

Hubby and I are going to the murder mystery dinner and staying overnight. Its our anniversary too (7 yrs).

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Anniversary GoldenKitty..Its ours too! (Only the 1st one though
)

We are planning to go to the Brad Paisley concert tomorrow night!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm getting hypnotised tomorrow! I am a qualified hypnotherapist and I'm going to see a friend who is going to help me make sense of everything that is going on, make a final decision. He won't influence me at all, he will just help me to access my unconcious mind to ensure that this is what I really want and that I'm fully congruent and at peace with my decision. Sorry - it all sounds a bit hippyfied doesn't it!
Other than that in the evening I'm seeing a friend or two! Not sure what we'll do - go out or stay in - we'll see!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's already Valentines day here and I just got my gift - a beautiful watch!

We're getting up at 8AM because my Nana is dropping off a cat that is due to have kittens [if she doesn't have them in the night] so we might be midwives today!

Other then that nothing - I might make him a nice lunch, we'll see how we go with "Chubb" the Exotic girl having babies. I also have work at 6pm!

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I are going out to dinner to an Asian Bistro and we are going to exchange gifts and stay on the beach over night!I am excited

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BF and I are going out for upscale Mexican. The place has menu items like lobster tacos! The chef has a good rep and actually worked at several of the high end Italian places around here, but he is Mexican and decided to go back to his roots.

I am planning to try his version of chicken mole (moh-lay) which is a spicy (savory) chocolate sauce.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nada. My sister has to work tomorrow so we don't have any plans. I got small boxes of Conversation hearts candy for Mom, my sister and myself since that's probably the only Valentine's Day gift I'll get.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its the Garden Expo in Madison,WI this weekend (which we go to anyway). They have lots of vendors so I may find a gift there plus there is a vendor-a children's charity that sells exotic floral bouquet-with protea's and such so that will be my flowers!!

We go to lunch at a local brewpub then visit my BIL who lives in town-well they will visit I'm driving over to Whole Foods-perhaps find a nice Valentines dessert to bring back home and have later.

So really nothing special but the timing for the garden show work for me.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Valentines Day will be our 11th wedding Anniversary
Saturday I am going to make Heart shaped pizzas for dinner, and Sunday we will go to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant to eat and listen to live Jazz

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably absolutely nothing. With him out of work right now money is getting tight and to be honest I'm just not in the mood to care about Vday.