How many people are willing to admit that your best friend is a cat?

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just wondering how many other members here will honestly admit that their best friend is a cat? I am owned by 6 indoor cats. My best friend is a cat. I find that their love is unconditional which IMHO is unheard of in the real world with people to people love. Cats offer love that does not matter what you look like physically.....how much money that you bring home.....where you live in the world...... and.....how much of a dirty past that you come to the plate with in a relationship
Cats are always honest and generally are trustworthy animals unlike many human beings today
Who is willing to admit that their cat is their best friend in the world?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Um my "boyfriend " is a cat ... He is very Buff and likes to rub my back...

I have 6 close friend s all have four legs and tails
_

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd rather be home with my cats then with most people. I have few friends and I love their company, but after waiting on 90% morons all day, I'd rather just be home in the company of fantastically smart felines!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oh yeah ill admit it, they become like "little people" to me. Id have to say sabastian is my bestie, hes been with me since i was 18 and moved from apt to apt with me and was always there for me when i needed a cuddle buddy or when i needed someone to cry to, gives me unconditional love and i love him back just as much

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I admit that besides my husband, Nora is my best friend.
Sooooo..... Nora is your 2nd best friend then? My original question was.....Who will admit that their cat is their best friend?

mai_kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I must admit that as the day wears on at work my thoughts normally drift to "I can't wait to get home and be with my fur babies."

My SO is defiantly my best friend but I must admit that my little Max is one of my best friends too. There is nothing better in the world than the way he waits for me to come home and then races to the cat tree to get up to the level where he can head butt me when I walk past. It's become our daily ritual. He is also my TV watching buddy as well as my teddy bear at night. He doesn't just snuggle next to me at night, he needs to be held
and I always oblige.

My other cats are all great and sweet and love bugs (well except my girl
but that's okay) but Max is just in a whole other category.

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Absolutely. The last 8 or 9 years have had me seeing enough of that which is so unimpressive about human relationships, that the balance of my concern and compassion is directed toward my cats. So much so, that I will find myself stressing out over new ways to keep them happy and content.

In some ways my life has become more empty, denying myself as much human contact/concern, but in other ways the feelings that I do have are more rooted in that which is genuine; instead of all of the BS that goes with human interaction, everyone feeding their egos, posturing themselves as victims, and the like.

And my cats are much better listeners.

mizzy moo moo's

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mizzy is by best friend, even through sometimes she forgets and you see her wild side, were she bites me for no reson, but i still love her to bits. Becauase when she is nice she lovely but when she bad she is reallt bad.

Also Scout and Danny (Horses) are by boyfriends
, as you can talk them, and they don't answer you back.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mizzy moo moo's

Mizzy is by best friend, even through sometimes she forgets and you see her wild side, were she bites me for no reson, but i still love her to bits. Becauase when she is nice she lovely but when she bad she is reallt bad.
Not unlike Zane.

Also Scout and Danny (Horses) are by boyfriends
, as you can talk them, and they don't answer you back.
You're into the strong and silent type?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Slave2_Ragdolls

Just wondering how many other members here will honestly admit that their best friend is a cat? I am owned by 6 indoor cats. My best friend is a cat. I find that their love is unconditional which IMHO is unheard of in the real world with people to people love. Cats offer love that does not matter what you look like physically.....how much money that you bring home.....where you live in the world...... and.....how much of a dirty past that you come to the plate with in a relationship
Cats are always honest and generally are trustworthy animals unlike many human beings today
Who is willing to admit that their cat is their best friend in the world?
You do not state if you are married or not. My wife is my best friend but Persi certainly comes in at number two (sorry, Alley).

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ABSOLUTELY!
Maia is with out a doubt my best friend! If I had a boyfriend, she would probably be pretty upset about it
............She doesn't like strangers at all, and is glued to my side, sleeps on top of me
! I am fine being single for now, but if and when I meet the right guy, he's going to have a challenge between the two of us excepting him!

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, probably not.

I get teary eyed at the thought of maybe having to put Kitty to sleep someday. She is my best friend probably, in the truest sense of the word. I have a fiance and three veryt very close friends, so no shes not my best friend but i would do just about anything to be with her and Holly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

You do not state if you are married or not. My wife is my best friend but Persi certainly comes in at number two (sorry, Alley).
I am divorced

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh heck yeah... Bodhi will always be my BFF. I really think we are soulmates and that he was reincarnated as a cat to come and be with me.
I mean, I LOVE Siddha to pieces too, but Bodhi and I have something special.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by firedancer722

oh heck yeah... Bodhi will always be my BFF. I really think we are soulmates and that he was reincarnated as a cat to come and be with me.
I mean, I LOVE Siddha to pieces too, but Bodhi and I have something special.
im pretty sure kitty was reincarnated from a human, cause of the way she looks at me

sparkie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband is my soul mate, but Thor is my little buddy. I love Pandora dearly, but she's more my husband's cat - he picked her out even though she stays with me throughout the day (and Thor stays with him) - we have a special bond with each of our cats!

baopu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, may cats have always been my best friends, as I'm a bit of a loner. There's this "love song" by Colin Hay with a few lines that make me think of my feline friends:

I never feel alone when I'm with you
I never have to talk when I'm with you
It really is a lonely world
It helps if you have someone to hold
I want that someone to be you