ugh...

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my roommate and her 2 friends left for the weekend to go to an anime convention...
They left the house a complete wreck. There are fabric scraps everywhere, soda cans every where, the trash is full, and of course the litterbox didnt get done like I asked today. I dont mean to rant but I am pissed.
I dont want to be a mom and say no you cant do this here find somewhere else but I dont like cleaning up the whole house after them!

I dont know what to do. I would just leave it for them to clean up when they come home, but I cant live like this until Monday.... I know they were running late leaving but one of their friends was just sitting on his bum watching tv.. I've been on my laptop but thats because I worked today and was trying to stay out of their way more than anything...

I tried to hint about it and they at least threw away a few cans and put some dishes in the sink (although now I have a sink full of dishes to do...) and she was just kind of like any other weekend I would help...

I just kind of just gave her the silent treatment as she was leaving but I dont know what to do. I feel like I have been walked over and just dont really know how to make her see that this was messed up...
I think I will pick up and then leave the mopping to her and just anything that is hers or costume crap i am throwing in her room... but that just seems kinda low. gah. Only 6 months before I can move in with my boyfriend hopefully....

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear this. Hope the 6 months go swiftly and you can leave your inconsiderate roommate for good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Sorry to hear this. Hope the 6 months go swiftly and you can leave your inconsiderate roommate for good.
I dont want to leave her for good. She's been my best friend for 8 years... I just wish she would be more helpful and considerate

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

I dont want to leave her for good. She's been my best friend for 8 years... I just wish she would be more helpful and considerate
Maybe then you need to have a serious talk with her and let her know that what she did tonight is unacceptable, and that you are not her and her friends maid. If she's a good friend, she'll feel horrible and apologize, if not then at least you're out of there in 6 months.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Maybe then you need to have a serious talk with her and let her know that what she did tonight is unacceptable, and that you are not her and her friends maid. If she's a good friend, she'll feel horrible and apologize, if not then at least you're out of there in 6 months.
yeah probably a good idea. Thanks.

I just really hate things like this.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

yeah probably a good idea. Thanks.

I just really hate things like this.
I understand, I hate to deal with things like this too, but sometimes it has to be done, otherwise the doormat sign will never come off your back.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just be direct and tell her that she needs to do her share. Some people are oblivious to hints and to the silent treatment, so the best way to accomplish something is to be clear. You can tell her nicely, and if it doesn't go well, or if nothing changes then at least you did all you could do. Do you need to live with her because of a rental agreement or to make ends meet?

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

I would just be direct and tell her that she needs to do her share. Some people are oblivious to hints and to the silent treatment, so the best way to accomplish something is to be clear. You can tell her nicely, and if it doesn't go well, or if nothing changes then at least you did all you could do. Do you need to live with her because of a rental agreement or to make ends meet?
She's been my best friend since Freshman year of high school and when my mom moved out of our apartment she moved in. And then we moved into our new place together in October. There is no way I could make it without her though.

And I wanted to say I posted this last night when I was very angry with her. Normally she is fine. We are usually goofing off together and our place is always an organized chaos. But whenever they have a trip like this she always just gets too rushed and they end up leaving without being able to clean everything up.