Do you miss your cat(s) when you're at work or away for very long?

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe it's because I'm a relatively new cat owner, but I find it very interesting that I actually *miss* my cats when I'm at work. I think about them and wonder what they're up to at home while I'm not there. Is that crazy or just kitty-love? Please, somebody tell me they do it too!

Also, when I go home to visit my parents overnight, I often find it hard to go to sleep because my cats aren't there for me to pet and hear their purring while they're lying beside me (or on top of me).

I think my brain may have been taken over by a couple of love-bug cats! Is there any hope for me!?

mikehong

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I miss my cats when I go to work. It's even worse when I go away on a trip. Sometimes I forget how much I miss them until I find their hairs on my clothing.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Same here. Sometimes I find myself at work talking to Zane as though he were here. Drives my co-workers batty.

dalloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ooh i do miss him badly whenever i leave the house!!
i'm getting married in a few months and i'm leaving the country
my mom just begged me to leave my baby with her (i'm living with my parents)
so i get depressed every time i think about this ,, sometimes i just think why not to cancel the wedding
?

sparkleamato

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OH yeah. . Definitely miss them. I wonder what they're doing, whether they are having a good time together. .

Also, How about this? I also have a boyfriend. I love him very much. I will marry him someday. I have realized recently that I dream about my two boys than I do about my boyfriend!! Don't tell him! lol

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We missed having a cat badly enough for a long time that we finally got one to take in the truck with us. And yes, it's very comforting to have them beside you, wherever you may be.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I travel a lot for my studies, and I take pictures of my cat with me! I was gone all summer, and my boyfriend took care of Nova. I was worried she'd forget me, so I sent home some stinky clothes that smelled like me.

I feel guilty when I'm gone all day, and I even leave lights on fpr her when I won't be home until after dark. I realize she can probably see OK without the lights, but I don't want her to feel lonely!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by firedancer722

Also, when I go home to visit my parents overnight, I often find it hard to go to sleep because my cats aren't there for me to pet and hear their purring while they're lying beside me (or on top of me).
this is when i miss mine - when i'm not sleeping in my own bed/own house. but not when i'm at work.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol I miss Jake so much that sometimes I wish I could text him and ask how he is doing
I have seriously sometimes taken my phone out of my pocket thinking ohh i will text my kitty now hahah ..I dunno what is wrong with me, maybe this is a result of me talking on my phone too much to everyone..I am always, always texting with my boyfriend so I guess texting is such a habit ...lol
But yea, sometimes when I am at school and it's my last class I'm thinking, I cant' wait to go home and see my kitty!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
this is so funny i was just talking to my coworker about this last nite because he busted out with he couldnt wait to get out of work cause he missed his dog, and i told him oh good, now i dont feel so wierd, i miss my cats when im at work too.

i also love how they greet me when i come home, 1st Nipper is right by the door, as soon as i open the door there he is. Princess is always hanging over the couch looking down at me, and Sabastian is always at the top of the steps for me (we have a bi-level). i always give them a very loving welcome.

Oh and on break when i call BF i always ask him what they are doing, and if during the day he gets any cute pics of them he always sends them to me and it totally brightens up my day. i have some pics on my phone of them so ill even just browse thru them every once in a while when im at work.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure do!!
My cats are my kids. I refer to them all the time as "my girls." People know that I am referring to my kitties

Last week Chynna was at the vet's overnight and I missed her so much. She's my night-time cuddle bug. When I was off work on disability I was home with them a great deal, and at times their constant demands for attention were just too much for me, but now that I'm back at work, I find that I miss all of that attention that they wanted me to give them and can't wait to get home to be with them.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss mine too, they are so funny to watch always up to something.

I had a seagull walk into my office the other day, I saw it out the corner of my eye but being used to cats walking around took no notice. Took me a few seconds to realise I don't have a white cat, and the cats don't come to work

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I do miss them and I know they miss me too. I always enjoy when I am the first one home from work. I walk in the door, hear these very loud thumps, as the big cats jump down from their resting areas, then they come walking around the corner greeting me with purrs

sweetpea24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes of course! I miss my dog too! (I miss my bird too but one of my cats ate him last week) I'm not sure if they miss me though. But after a long day at work, it's nice to come home to my furkids waiting for me at my door and then everything's right with the world, if only for a few moments.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I miss my boys terribly when I am at work or when I stay at my boyfriend's house overnight. I keep trying to convince the boyfriend to let me bring the kitties with me when I come visit, I always tell him Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll stay longer if they can come!

I keep pictures of them up on my desk at work and sometimes when I am having a really rough day I go home and spend my lunch with them. I keep something quick and easy for lunch at work those days so I can grab that and still get to see them.

My apartment is on the second floor of my building and apparently my boys have learned what my car sounds like because every day when I pull up outside I look up to the balcony sliding door/window and two furry faces suddenly poke through the vertical blinds. Then when I go into the building you see the faces disappear and they meet me at the door. I put a special table right next to the door for them to stand on to meet me because otherwise they are in front of the door and you canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get in!

You are not alone!

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always miss my baby when I stay the weekend at my boyfriend's house. I feel especially guilty because I have two babies there too (Penny and Siouxsie) and they get all my attention for the weekend, while Mony is at home by herself or with my roommates.

I always worry that she will hate me when I come home, but she is just happy to see me and becomes a velcro cat for a day or two. I don't mind a bit!

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do miss them!

Eveytime we go away on vacation i miss them a little, until I get up in the middle of the night and find myself shuffling along the hotel room floor to avoid stepping on kitties. Theres no kitties in the hotel room of course
thats when i start to miss them alot.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by firedancer722

I think my brain may have been taken over by a couple of love-bug cats! Is there any hope for me!?
Nope!
Not a bit! You have indeed been taken over. Welcome to the club! Isn't it grand?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in my obsession!

I too LOVE it when I get home and both kitties are waiting at the door for me. Bodhi will meow this really long meow and look at me as if to say "oh THANK GOODNESS! You're finally home!" It's our ritual that I pick him up, cuddle him and give him lots of kisses. Siddha just runs to the kitchen in anticipation of his wet food dinner!

I love my boys!!