Shelter cats (Lots of pics)

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shelter cats this week.

Male tabby, turned in by someone who was in financial trouble.

Big, neutered male, picked up as a stray.

Dilute calico, picked up as a stray. She doesn't like to be picked up, but if you sit down, your lap is her new home.

Henry, who has been at the shelter since he was a kitten. He came in feral, but is now a sleek black beauty.

Tortie, picked up as a stray. She looks terrified in her cage, but she loves lap time.

Patched tabby. Perky, friendly, and playful. A stray.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A very fluffy female. Trapped as a stray.

Her brother, trapped at the same time. Both supposedly feral, but clean and friendly. It would be great if someone adopted both; they love each other!

This yellow boy was just put out front. He looks dirty, but it's a mixtured of some black hairs in his coat.

This tabby boy couldn't decide if he wanted to stay in my lap or not.

This dilute tortie point girl is 14 years old. I believe she's going blind. She's grumpy in her cage, or when you pick her up, but she purred for me and liked attention. A citizen surrender.

Tator, a real character. Playful and loving. Picked up as a stray.

Reggie. Isn't he gorgeous? He panicked getting him out of his cage and got a claw caught in my jaw, but he was immediately contrite. He and the dilute calico girl appear to be something like British shorthairs, with the short nose and extremely dense fur. He's already neutered, too. A stray.

"Just" a tabby. An endearing little guy, friendly and talkative.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww!!! So sweet that you go and interact with them. They seem to be so hungry for attention and affection that it just breaks my heart. I want to take all of them home. I know I feel that way about our storefront cats. If they are there more than 2 mos I start feeling that tug on my heart.

Is that a leather apron? Do they have you wear that for your protection? That's not a bad idea, except I know I mostly get scratches or nipped on my hands and arms.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wear the leather apron because I like them in my lap, but the first time I went, I had about 100 little holes in my legs! With the apron, I don't need to worry about it.

Also, it has pockets for the brush and the cat toy I always take with me.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so cute
And they are lucky to have someone like yourself, to interact and give them some loving

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just stopped by the shelter and Kate, the 14-year old, has a URI and is very sick. At her age, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't make it.

I found out that her owners surrendered her after 14 years of owning her because their child is "suddenly allergic" to her.

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They're all adorable. I hope those two fluffy ones get adopted together.

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Her brother, trapped at the same time. Both supposedly feral, but clean and friendly. It would be great if someone adopted both; they love each other!
Oh dear, I am in love.

They look just like my cat Penny and she is the sweetest sweetie in the world. I want some more Pennys!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stopped by this afternoon and paid for Pinto, the male long-haired black/white, to be neutered next Monday.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear about the older kitty girl. How very sad for her. I have an older cat and can only imagine how stressed out the older kitty had to have been. No wonder she got an URI. Bless you for sharing your love with these kitties and for paying to have Pinto neutered.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the cats are gorgeous! I wish I were a billionaire, then I could spend all my time entertaining shelter kitties even if I couldn't keep them at home
So sorry to hear about the 14 yr old girl... and Shame on her owners. How can people just give up a cat that they have spent 14 years of their lives with? I'll never understand...

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mrblanche;2557630 said:

They look like MaineCoons

esp. those long fluff-tails & the set of those large ears, broad, triangular & close set at the top
They would make a wonderful addition to a loving family!
JC is the quintessential family cat!! Clever, mischievous, energetic, confident and devotedly maintains relationships with each of his humans. I would be confident in betting that your pair of cuties would be just the same

Bless you for caring for those kitties

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Devanagara

Oh dear, I am in love.

They look just like my cat Penny and she is the sweetest sweetie in the world. I want some more Pennys!
These two are just too sweet! I'm surprised they haven't been adopted. All the cats that came from that source (apparently a "tame" feral community) are that way, lovable, lap warmers, friendly, talkative, just great cats.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today was my shelter day. Kate, the dilute tortie point siamese, didn't make it. I'm pretty angry about her family dumping her like that after she gave them 14 years of love!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Today was my shelter day. Kate, the dilute tortie point siamese, didn't make it. I'm pretty angry about her family dumping her like that after she gave them 14 years of love!
I don't blame you one bit. I would be angry, too. People are such
sometimes.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

I don't blame you one bit. I would be angry, too. People are such
sometimes.
Kate - play happily at the Rainbow Bridge, darling!