I feel so stupid!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was running late for work this morning (yeah, spending too much time on TCS) so I was running around like an idiot trying to get ready and out the door on time. We have a very casual dress code so I just grabbed a sweat shirt, pair of jeans and everything else, threw it on and ran out the door.

I thought my jeans felt a little loose, but didn't really think anything of it at first. When I went for my first potty break, I realized they were DH's jeans!
And here I thought I lost all this weight!

A little later, my shoe was coming untied so I leaned over to tie it...and got a good look at my shoes. They were both white (well, sorta) one a dirties white than the other...and one with blue trim, the other with orange trim. Yep, put on 2 shoes from 2 different pair.

I DID check my underware to make sure I put THEM on right! I swear, I should have stayed in bed!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did the 2 different shoes thing once- luckily I caught it before I actualy left though!!!

was it your sweatshirt??

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We had a special day in elementary school to dress silly... like with oddly paired shoes.

I had a silly day the other day too. I ran over my purse with my truck and then I lost my car key. I found my car key days later... INSIDE my printer.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i think we all have those days. i work in a casual environment as well, but sometimes i like to dress nice for the hell of it, i didnt realize that with the outfit i put on a pair of old beated up sneakers...so there i am in a nice pair of dress pants, a dress shirt...and beat up sneakers, as soon as i walk in, my boss says...wow u look nice, then he looks down and goes...except for your sneakers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

OMG LOL sorry you gave me a hysterical mental image!

and
go back to bed!
Yeah, it was a pretty funny picture.
Actually, probably no one would have noticed my shoes, but I made the mistake of laughing out loud when I noticed it and the people sitting around me wanted to know what was so funny....so of course by my next break it had spread through the rest of our contract (around 100 people). I actually had to pose for one camera phone pic with my feet hanging out. I mean, it wasn't THAT funny...like I walked out of the house with one pump and a combat boot on. Oh, well, I guess that was my "15 minutes of fame" for my life. Glad to get it over with!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I did the 2 different shoes thing once- luckily I caught it before I actualy left though!!!

was it your sweatshirt??
The sweatshirt WAS mine! Actually, today was one of the few days I didn't steal one of hubbies hoodies
(can anyone tell I really need to go shopping for new clothes??)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

i think we all have those days. i work in a casual environment as well, but sometimes i like to dress nice for the hell of it, i didnt realize that with the outfit i put on a pair of old beated up sneakers...so there i am in a nice pair of dress pants, a dress shirt...and beat up sneakers, as soon as i walk in, my boss says...wow u look nice, then he looks down and goes...except for your sneakers!
We had a day of business dress one time because of a vistor, and I had everything on...skirt, blouse, jacket, hose....and slippers. Luckily we have a gravel driveway because I didn't even realize I still had my slippers on until I walked out to get in the car.
That gravel hurts when it cuts through thin slippers, but they were so much more comfy than heels.

Can I just say, I'm DEFINITELY not a morning person!